A Review of Systems Engineering Competency Development and Assessment Approaches
A Review of Systems Engineering Competency Development and Assessment Approaches: Provide a review of the development and assessment of individual systems engineering competencies. Develop a set of recommendations for decision makers who are interested in developing systems engineering competencies in their workforce, and in evaluating the effectiveness of their efforts.
- Armstrong, J. R., Henry, D., Kepchar, K., & Pyster, A. (2011). Competencies required for successful acquisition of large, highly complex systems of systems. In Proceedings of the 21st annual international symposium, INCOSE 2011, Denver Colorado, June 20-23,2011.
- Davidz, H. 1. & Nightingale" D. J. (2008). Enabling systems thinking to accelerate the development of senior systems engineers. Systems Engineering, 11(1), 1-14.
- Frank, M. (2006). Knowledge, abilities, cognitive characteristics and behavioral competences of engineers with high capacity for engineering systems thinking (CEST). Systems Engineering, 9(2), 91-103.
- Goncalves, D. (2008). Developing systems engineers. In Proceedings Portland international conference on management of engineering & technology (PICMET) 2008, Capetown, South Africa, July-27-31, 2008.
- Kasser, J., Frank, M., & Zhao, Y. Y. (2010). Assessing the competencies of systems engineers. In Proceedings of the 7th bi-annual European systems engineering conference (eusec], Stockholm, Sweden, may 23-26, 2010.
- Squires, A. (2011, May). Investigating the relationship between online pedagogy and student perceived learning of systems engineering competencies. Thesis, Hoboken, NJ: Stevens Institute of Technology.
- Williams, C. & Derro, M. E. (2008, October). NASA systems engineering behavior study. NASA Office of the Chief Engineer. See: http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/291039main_NASA_SE_Behavior_Study_FinaLll1220 08.pdf