SSE has organized students working on SYS 800 projects into cohorts. There will be three cohorts a year, one beginning on January 15th, a second on May 15th and a third on August 15, and each will be three and one-half months in length. The Spring cohort is intended to support students who wish to graduate in May; the other two will allow students to graduate in January the following year.
To be admitted to a cohort a student will be required to have an approved topic and a faculty advisor who has agreed to oversee their work. Reviewing the topics listed in the SYS 800 project database located in the SYS 800 program homepage should help a student to achieve this milestone.
Once a project advisor has agreed to a student’s topic, the approval email along with a completed Request for Special Problems Course form should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind that enrollment into the SYS 800 can only be processed in this manner. Payment for the course is due upon enrollment.
Cohort Schedule Information with respective project milestones
Summer SYS 800
- May 15th- Agreed upon topic and advisor; start of project (Registration Deadline)
- June 30th- Progress report due to Advisor
- July 31st - First draft of paper due
- August 30th - Final paper due
- September 15th - Grades posted
Fall SYS 800
- August 15th- Agreed upon topic and advisor; start of project (Registration Deadline)
- September 30th- Progress report due to Advisor
- October 31st - First draft of paper due
- November 30th - Final paper due
- December 15th - Grades posted
Spring SYS 800
- January 15th- Agreed upon topic and advisor; start of project (Registration Deadline)
- February 28th- Progress report due to Advisor
- March 31st - First draft of paper due
- April 30th - Final paper due
- May 15th - Grades posted