Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) is a web-based business data research service from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. Developed in 1993 to support faculty research at Wharton, the service has evolved to become a common tool for research for over 290 institutions around the world.
WRDS is the de facto standard for business data, providing researchers worldwide with instant access to financial, economic, and marketing data through a uniform, web-based interface. This hosted data service has become the locus for quantitative data research and is recognized by the academic and financial research community around the world as the leading business intelligence tool.
Currently WRDS provide access to following database:
- Bank Regulatory (These databases provide accounting data for bank holding companies, commercial banks, savings banks, and savings and loans institutions.)
- Blockholders (This dataset contains standardized data for blockholders of 1,913 companies, which is reported by firm for the period 1996-2001)
- CBOE Indexes
- Compustat – Captial IQ (Leading provider of financial and industry data, research, news and analytics to investment professionals, government agencies, corporations, and universities worldwide.)
- DMEF Academic Data (Direct Marketing Educational Foundation Academic Data, containing customer buying history for about 100,000 customers of nationally known catalog and non-profit database marketing businesses)
- Dow Johns(Daily and Monthly data)
- Fama French & Liquidity Factors
- Federal Reserve Bank (Access to foreign exchange rate database and interest rate database)
- IRI (Information Resources, Inc.)
- MSRB (Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board)
- OTC Market (Access the most comprehensive, timely and accurate data available on the 10K securities that trade on the OTCQX, OTCQB and OTC Pink Marketplaces.)
- Penn World Tables (The Penn World Tables provides national income accounts-type of variables converted to international prices)
- PHLX (Philadelphia Stock Exchange, this database provide currency option and implied volatility data)
- Research Quotient
- SEC Order Execution
- TRACE (Bond trade data)
- Go to register: Register Here
- Fill out the information.
- Note: It will take from several hours to several days before your application is approved, depending on the response time of the representative of the institution.