SAS Training (eLearn)
The eLearn modules can be accessed on campus network at http://184.108.40.206:8000. The latest version of SAS in our computer is 9.4.
- A client machine running on a Windows operating system
- Adobe Flash Player 9 or later (for simulations and audio-based courses)
- Screen resolution set to 1024x768 or higher
- Querying, Reporting, and Analyzing Data Using SAS(R) Enterprise Guide(R)
- SAS(R) Enterprise Guide(R) 1 Querying and Reporting (EG 4.2)
- SAS(R) Enterprise Guide(R) 1 Querying and Reporting (EG 4.3)
- SAS(R) Enterprise Guide(R) 1 Querying and Reporting (EG 5.1)
- SAS(R) Enterprise Guide(R) ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression
- SAS(R) Macro Language 1 Essentials
- SAS(R) Programming 1 Essentials
- SAS(R) Programming 2 Data Manipulation Techniques
- SAS(R) Programming 3 Advanced Techniques and Efficiencies
- SAS(R) Programming Introduction Basic Concepts
- SAS(R) SQL 1 Essentials
- Statistics I: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression
Obtaining SAS Software
You can obtain SAS 9.4 from our server, or borrow the installation kit from Hanlon Fianancial Systems Lab. The kit supports only Windows operation system, including Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
To access the shared folder on our server:
1. If you are off campus, you have to set up VPN first. Please refer to the tutorial from Stevens IT department:
- For windows 7: https://sit.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=807
- For windows 8: https://sit.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=2201
2. After setting up VPN, or if you are using the campus wired/wireless connection, you are able to access the shared folder: \\FSCWINSRV02\sas
- For windows 7: https://sit.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=837
- For windows 8: https://sit.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=1134
Please use the domain name 'campus' and a backslash prior to your usename when logging onto the shared folder, for example: campus\username
3.Copy and paste SAS 9.4 folder to you computer.
Renew SAS license: Access the shared folder \\FSCWINSRV02\sas with your campus domain credentials and find the folder SAS_Update_License_2018-2019
Copy the .txt files into your computer and start "Renew SAS Software" program.
Mastering JPM - Live and On-Demand Webcasts: http://www.jmp.com/about/events/mastering/webcasts.shtml
The Education Analytical Suite includes the the following packages:
• Base SAS
• SAS Bridge for ESRI
• SAS Enterprise Guide
• SAS Integration Technologies
• SAS/ACCESS Interface to Aster nCluster
• SAS/ACCESS Interface to DB2
• SAS/ACCESS Interface to Greenplum
• SAS/ACCESS Interface to MySQL
• SAS/ACCESS Interface to Netezza
• SAS/ACCESS Interface to ODBC
• SAS/ACCESS Interface to OLE DB
• SAS/ACCESS Interface to Oracle
• SAS/ACCESS Interface to PC Files
• SAS/ACCESS Interface to Sybase
• SAS/ACCESS Interface to Sybase IQ
• SAS/ACCESS Interface to Teradata
• SAS/SECURE Windows
• SAS Enterprise Guide
• SAS Enterprise Miner for Desktop
• SAS Text Miner for Desktop
1. Java related error appears during using SAS:
Try to install the latest Java version: JAVA Download
Change java path in the cfg file: C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\nls\en\sasv9.cfg
From -SET DTJ_CLASSPATH "C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\dmine\sasmisc\dtj.jar;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_24\lib\rt.jar"
To -SET DTJ_CLASSPATH "C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\dmine\sasmisc\dtj.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\lib\rt.jar"
Correct in the sassw.config file located in the SASHOME directory
From JREHOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_24\bin\java.exe
To JREHOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe
2. SAS Enterprise Miner Workstation 13.2 - Fix the error when starting a new project:
SAS changed the license policy for Enterprise Miner, with the new license, you have to use the latest version, please refer to 'How to get the software' and install SAS 9.4.
- Go to C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASEnterpriseMinerWorkstationConfiguration
- Right-Click 7.1 folder and select Properties
- Select Security tab
- Click Edit
- Give Full control access to all SAS Enterprise Miner Users
- Go to C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\
- Copy folder tktg to C:\Program Files\SASHome\x86\SASFoundation\9.3\
- Go to C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\dmine
- Copy folder sasmisc to C:\Program Files\SASHome\x86\SASFoundation\9.3\dmine (Maybe you need to create a new folder called "dmine" if there is no such folder)
- Go to C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASEnterpriseMinerWorkstationConfiguration\7.1
- Open em.ini with notepad
- Change the path of JavaArgs_13=-Djava.library.path= from C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.3\core\sasext to C:\Program Files\SASHome\x86\SASFoundation\9.3\core\sasext
3. SAS Enterprise Miner Workstation 13.2 - Fix the error when starting a new project:
When you create a new project and see the error message related to "....server...localhost:0...", please follow the procedure here:
- Go to "C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc" -> copied "hosts" file to desktop.
- Use notepad edit "hosts" file on desktop -> add one line at the top 127.0.0.1 localhost <hostname>.<primary dns suffix> <hostname>
- In that line, the "hostname" and "primary dns suffix" need to be changed to your own information. (You can go to cmd -> type "ipconfig /all" -> the first 2 lines should be the hostname and primary dns suffix)
- After changing it, save it as "hosts" on desktop (the file name should include double quote).
- Copy the file back to "C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc" and replace the old one.
- Restart the computer and try again.
If it still does not work, please go to SAS Support and contact SAS support team directly.