FE595 Financial Technology (FinTech)
|Week 1||Python Review||• Set up a Python3.6 development environment.
• Understand the structure of an OOP Python project. • Learn about git. • Brief discussion about common libraries including numpy
|Week 2||Flask||• Understand how to create a RESTful API in Python.
• Become familiar with cURL calls and understand their proper usage. • Be comfortable using the Postman tool
|Week 3||Amazon Web Services||• Learn to host a Flask App on a Virtual Machine.
• Extend the above with nginx and related services.
|Week 4||Amazon Web Services - Lambda||• Learn what Lambda is and why we’d want to use it.
• Learn to host a service using Lambda.
|Week 5||Databases and Storage||• Learn about storing and recovering data using Redis and SQL.|
|Week 6||Review and assignment of midterm projects||• Review of tools and a discussion of projects.
• Discuss methods of project management.
|Week 7||Monday Schedule. No class.|
|Week 8||Project Presentation||• Be able to explain the purpose of your project and the methods used to make it possible.|
|Week 9||ZMQ||• Understand the usage of pyZMQ.
• Be able to explain the difference between ZMQ and cURL.
|Week 10||The Theory of Neural Networks||• Understand what a dense neural network is and how training works.
• Be able to explain the uses and limitations of a neural network.
|Week 11||Introduction to Tensor Flow||• Become familiar with Tensor Flow to implement dense and convolutional layers in a neural network.
• Be conversant in the structure of neural networks to be able to learn additional libraries/capabilities as needed. • Learn to import
|Week 12||The Theory of Blockchain||• Understand the basic problem blockchain was invented to solve.
• Be able to explain how a 51% attack works.
|Week 13||Git and Cryptocurrencies||• Be able to explain how Git like version management systems work.
• Compare and contrast cryptocurrencies with other financial instruments. • Understand the concept of a Smart Contract on the Etherium network.
|Week 14||Review and assignment of final projects||• Review of tools and a discussion of projects.|