Dr. Kishore Pochiraju
- Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Warangal (Previously known as Regional Engineering College), 1986
- Master of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Indian Inst. of Technology, Kanpur, 1988
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Drexel University, 1993
- Property degradation and damage evolution in engineered lightweight structures - impact on durability and use-life
- Design of high performance polymer composite systems for applications requiring shape memory, thermal/electrical conductivity and stability in high-temperature/extreme environments
- High-resolution multi-physics computational modeling
- Environment sensing and perception
My research focuses on understanding the mechanisms and the eﬀects of mechanical, chemical and thermal degradation processes on system behaviors at component, sub-system and system levels; and at micro-, macro- and structural scales. Design and insertion of new material systems, perception of operating environments, and adaptation to harsh/extreme environment are also of considerable interest. This research has broad impact on realizing high-performance and durable structures and systems for aerospace and robotics applications.
Academic Experience :
- Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- Founding Director, Innovation, Design and Entrepreneurship at Stevens (IDEaS).
- Director, Design and Manufacturing Institute
- Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Research Associate, Design and Manufacturing Institute,
Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ 07030
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Composite Materials,
University of Delaware, Newark DE
- Programmer Analyst-II, Tata Engineering, Jamshedpur, India, 1988
- Engineer Trainee, Ind-Suzuki, Bangalore, India, 1986
- Chair, Schaefer School of Engineering and Science Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, 2018-
- Member, Mechanical Engineering Department Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, 2015-
- Member, Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, 2007- 2015
- Member, Institute Graduate Curriculum Committee, 2005-2006
- American Society for Composites – Vice President (2018-2019) Recording Secretary (2016-2017); Member-at-Large (2014-2015), Chair – Durability and Damage Tolerance Division (2010-2013)
- American Society for Mechanical Engineers (ASME): Member Advanced Materials and Processing Technical Committee; Member, ASME Committee on Computing in Applied Mechanics (CONCAM)
- Editorial Board Member: Journal of Computational Design and Engineering, Society for CAD/CAM Engineers
- Founding Director, Program for Innovation, Design and Entrepreneurship at Stevens ( IDEaS portal )
1999 Harvey N. Davis Distinguished Teaching Assistant Professor award.
2000 Harvey N. Davis Distinguished Teaching Assistant Professor award.
2011 Provost’s Award for Academic Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development.
2015 Alexander Crombie Humphrey’s Distinguished Associate Professor Teaching Award.
- Most Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays - Email to set up the time.
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Member, American Society for Composites
- Member, American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- (US Patent #8462681, 2013) Pochiraju, K., Gebre, B., & Men, H. Method and apparatus for adaptive transmission of sensor data with latency controls.
- (US Patent #9322646, 2016) Pochiraju, K., Men, H., B. Gebre, Adaptive mechanism control and scanner positioning for improved three-dimensional laser scanning Adaptive mechanism control and scanner positioning for improved three-dimensional laser scanning
- (PCT - WO06107664, 2006 - US 20130054187 A1) Zhu, Z., Cui, H., Pochiraju, K. Flexible parallel manipulator for nano-, meso-or macro-positioning with multi-degrees of freedom
- Liu, W., Wu, N. and K. Pochiraju. (May 2018). " Shape recovery characteristics of SiC/C/PLA composite filaments and 3D printed parts", Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, Elsevier. 108 1-11. Article URL .
- MK. Burns, Patel V, Florescu I, Pochiraju KV, Vinjamuri R.. (2017). "Low-Dimensional Synergistic Representation of Bilateral Reaching Movements. Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology", 2017;5:2. doi:10.3389/fbioe.2017.00002.
- J. Liang and K. Pochiraju. (Jun 2015). "A methodology for the estimation of transverse failure strength of an oxidized lamina from isothermal aging studies, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing", 73 101-108.
- H. Men, K. Pochiraju. (2014). "Hue-assisted Automatic Registration of Color Point Clouds", Journal of Computational Design and Engineering, doi: 10.7315/JCDE.2014.022. 1 (4), 223.
- J. Liang, K. Pochiraju. (2014). "Oxidation-induced Damage Evolution in a Unidirectional Polymer Matrix Composite", Journal of Composite Materials. doi: 10.1177/0021998314534705.
- T. Recchia, J. Chung, K. Pochiraju. (2014). "Performance of Heterogeneous Robot Teams with Personality Adjusted Learning", Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures. 7 87-97.
- N. An, G. Tandon, K. V. Pochiraju. (2013). "Thermo-Oxidative Performance of Metal Coated Polymers and Composites", Surface and Coatings Technology. (232), 166-172.
- H. Men and K. V. Pochiraju. "Algorithms for 3D Map Segment Registration ", Depth Map and 3D Imaging Applications: Algorithms and Technologies, Also appeared in: Geographic Information Systems: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications. IGI Global, 2013. 502-528. doi: 10.4018/ 978-1-4666-2038 -4.ch031. 56-86.
- Ed. Robert Crane. "Environmental Durability of Polymer Matrix Composites", Nondestructive Evaluation and Structural Health Monitoring, Tandon, G. P and K. Pochiraju, Series: Comprehensive Composite Materials II, 2nd Edition Carl H. Zweben and Peter Beaumont, Book ISBN: 9780081005330. Article .
- W. Liu, Wu N, and Pochiraju K. (2016). "Shape Recovery Characteristics of 3D Printed Soft Polymers and Their Composites. ASME", ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition. Volume 14: Emerging Technologies; Materials: Genetics to Structures; Safety Engineering and Risk Analysis, pp. V014T11A027. doi:10.1115/IMECE2016-67286. .
- P. Kakanuru and K. Pochiraju. (2016). " Micromechanical Modeling of oxidation Induced stresses in SIC/SIC Composites", ASC 31th Technical Conference, Williamsburg, VA.
- W. Liu and K. Pochiraju. (2016). "Back-Pressure Stall Prediction in Eductor-Jet Pumps", 46th AIAA Fluid Dynamics Conference, AIAA AVIATION Forum, (AIAA 2016-3814).
- K. Pochiraju and S. Narain. (2015). "Cyber Physical System Integration and Configuration Guided by Satisfiability Modulo Theories", 2015 IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration, San Francisco, CA. doi: 10.1109/IRI.2015.93. 589-592.
- W. Kim, K. Pochiraju. "Model-based Development of 3D Printed Biped Robot", ASME 2014 Design & Engineering Technical Conference. Buffalo, NY. Paper #DETC2014-35415.
- B. Gebre, Z. Ryter, S. Humphreys, S. Ginsberg, S. Farrell, A. Kauffman, W. Capon, W. Robbins, and K. Pochiraju.. (2014). "A Multi-Ball Drive for Omni-Directional Mobility", 2014 IEEE International Conference on Technologies for Practical Robot Applications (TEPRA). Woodburn, MA. (32).
- Springer, 2012. Long Term Durability of Polymer Matrix Composites, K. V. Pochiraju, G. P. Tandon, and G. A. Schoeppner Editors (2012), ISBN: 978-1-4419-9307-6. 677. Get it Online .
- ME 520 Analysis and Design of Composites
- ME 635 Modeling and Simulation
- ME 658 Advanced Mechanics of Solids
- E 121 Engineering Design I
- E 122 Engineering Design II