Dr. Kishore Pochiraju
- Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Warangal (Previously known as Regional Engineering College), 1986
- Master of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Indian Inst. of Technology, Kanpur, 1988
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Drexel University, 1993
- Multi-Scale Simulation of Performance and Durability of High Temperature Polymeric Composites and Structures
- Real-Time Autonomous or Remotely Operated Robotic Systems
- Product Design and Manufacturing Process Sciences
- Long-Term Durability and Life Prediction of Materials and Structural Systems, High-Temperature Degradation and Environmental Effects, High-Resolution Computational Modeling
- Systems Design: Design Methodologies; Rule Learning; Rapid-Realization; Perception and Control Algorithms for intelligent systems
- Programmer Analyst-II, Tata Engineering, Jamshedpur, India, 1988
- Engineer Trainee, Ind-Suzuki, Bangalore, India, 1986
Academic Experience :
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Composite Materials, University of Delaware, Newark DE, 1993- 1995
- Research Associate, Design and Manufacturing Institute, Stevens Institute of Technology, 1995-1997
- Member, Departmental Graduate Curriculum Committee, 2007- present
- Member, Graduate Curriculum Committee, 2005-2006
- American Society for Composites – Recording Secretary (2016-2017); Member-at-Large (2014-2015), Chair – Durability and Damage Tolerance Division (2010-2013)
- American Society for Mechanical Engineers (ASME): Member Advanced Materials and Processing Technical Committee; Member, ASME Committee on Computing in Applied Mechanics (CONCAM)
- Editorial Board Member: Journal of Computational Design and Engineering, Society for CAD/CAM Engineers
1999 Harvey N. Davis Distinguished Teaching Assistant Professor award.
2000 Harvey N. Davis Distinguished Teaching Assistant Professor award.
2011 Provost’s Award for Academic Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Development.
2015 Alexander Crombie Humphrey’s Distinguished Associate Professor Teaching Award.
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Member, American Society for Composites
- Member, American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- (US Patent #8462681, 2013) Pochiraju, K., Gebre, B., & Men, H. Method and apparatus for adaptive transmission of sensor data with latency controls.
- (US Patent #9322646, 2016) Pochiraju, K., Men, H., B. Gebre, Adaptive mechanism control and scanner positioning for improved three-dimensional laser scanning Adaptive mechanism control and scanner positioning for improved three-dimensional laser scanning
- (PCT - WO06107664, 2006 - US 20130054187 A1) Zhu, Z., Cui, H., Pochiraju, K. Flexible parallel manipulator for nano-, meso-or macro-positioning with multi-degrees of freedom
- H. Men and K. V. Pochiraju. "Algorithms for 3D Map Segment Registration ", Depth Map and 3D Imaging Applications: Algorithms and Technologies, Also appeared in: Geographic Information Systems: Concepts, Methodologies, Tools, and Applications. IGI Global, 2013. 502-528. doi: 10.4018/ 978-1-4666-2038 -4.ch031. 56-86.
- Ed. Robert Crane. "Environmental Durability of Polymer Matrix Composites", Nondestructive Evaluation and Structural Health Monitoring, Tandon, G. P and K. Pochiraju, Series: Comprehensive Composite Materials II, 2nd Edition Carl H. Zweben and Peter Beaumont, Book ISBN: 9780081005330.
- W. Liu, Wu N, and Pochiraju K. (2016). "Shape Recovery Characteristics of 3D Printed Soft Polymers and Their Composites. ASME", ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition. Volume 14: Emerging Technologies; Materials: Genetics to Structures; Safety Engineering and Risk Analysis, pp. V014T11A027. doi:10.1115/IMECE2016-67286. .
- P. Kakanuru and K. Pochiraju. (2016). " MICROMECHANICAL MODELING OF OXIDATION INDUCED STRESSES IN SIC/SIC COMPOSITES", ASC 31th Technical Conference, Williamsburg, VA.
- W. Liu and K. Pochiraju. (2016). "Back-Pressure Stall Prediction in Eductor-Jet Pumps", 46th AIAA Fluid Dynamics Conference, AIAA AVIATION Forum, (AIAA 2016-3814).
- K. Pochiraju and S. Narain. (2015). "Cyber Physical System Integration and Configuration Guided by Satisfiability Modulo Theories", 2015 IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration, San Francisco, CA. doi: 10.1109/IRI.2015.93. 589-592.
- W. Kim, K. Pochiraju. "Model-based Development of 3D Printed Biped Robot", ASME 2014 Design & Engineering Technical Conference. Buffalo, NY. Paper #DETC2014-35415.
- B. Gebre, Z. Ryter, S. Humphreys, S. Ginsberg, S. Farrell, A. Kauffman, W. Capon, W. Robbins, and K. Pochiraju.. (2014). "A Multi-Ball Drive for Omni-Directional Mobility", 2014 IEEE International Conference on Technologies for Practical Robot Applications (TEPRA). Woodburn, MA. (32).
- MK. Burns, Patel V, Florescu I, Pochiraju KV, Vinjamuri R.. (2017). "Low-Dimensional Synergistic Representation of Bilateral Reaching Movements. Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology", 2017;5:2. doi:10.3389/fbioe.2017.00002.
- J. Liang and K. Pochiraju. (Jun 2015). "A methodology for the estimation of transverse failure strength of an oxidized lamina from isothermal aging studies, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing", 73 101-108.
- H. Men, K. Pochiraju. (2014). "Hue-assisted Automatic Registration of Color Point Clouds", Journal of Computational Design and Engineering, doi: 10.7315/JCDE.2014.022. 1 (4), 223.
- J. Liang, K. Pochiraju. (2014). "Oxidation-induced Damage Evolution in a Unidirectional Polymer Matrix Composite", Journal of Composite Materials. doi: 10.1177/0021998314534705.
- T. Recchia, J. Chung, K. Pochiraju. (2014). "Performance of Heterogeneous Robot Teams with Personality Adjusted Learning", Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures. 7 87-97.
- N. An, G. Tandon, K. V. Pochiraju. (2013). "Thermo-Oxidative Performance of Metal Coated Polymers and Composites", Surface and Coatings Technology. (232), 166-172.
- Springer, 2012. Long Term Durability of Polymer Matrix Composites, K. V. Pochiraju, G. P. Tandon, and G. A. Schoeppner Editors (2012), ISBN: 978-1-4419-9307-6. 677.
- ME 423 Engineering Design VII
- ME 424 Engineering Design VIII
- ME 520 Analysis and Design of Composites
- IPD 611 Modeling and Simulation
- ME 635 Modeling and Simulation
- ME 668 Engineering Fracture Mechanics
- ME 654 Advanced Robotics
- ME 624 Intelligent Mechatronic Systems
- MGT 103 Introduction to Entrepreneurial Thinking