Dr. Ann Mooney Murphy
- Ph.D. Strategic Management, University of Georgia
- MBA, University of Georgia
- B.S. Accounting, Villanova University
- CPA, Formerly Licensed in the State of New York
- Top Executives and Strategic Decision Making
- Board of Directors and Corporate Governance
- Teamwork and Team Effectiveness
Dr. Ann Mooney Murphy is an Associate Professor and an Associate Dean in the School of Business. As Associate Dean since 2010, she oversees the undergraduate programs and serves on the leadership team of the School. She has helped transform the School from a School of Technology Management to an AACSB-accredited School of Business, and along with that, oversaw the launch of 6 new undergraduate majors and 7 new minors.
Ann received her Ph.D. in Strategic Management and M.B.A. from The University of Georgia, and her B.S. in Accounting from Villanova University. Her research centers on strategic leadership and corporate governance, and her work has appeared in journals such as The Academy of Management Review. Ann teaches courses in strategy, management, and consulting. She has served as a full-time consultant with pwc and Arthur Anderson, as well as a part-time consultant helping top management teams and boards with strategic planning efforts. Last but not least, she is mom to Caroline (12), Owen (9) and wife to Tim.
Member of Editorial Board, Corporate Governance: An International Review
- Academy of Management
- Strategic Management Society
- Mooney, A. & Amason, A.C.. (2010). "In search of the CEO's inner circle and how it is formed.", Handbook of Top Management Team Research, Carpenter, Mason, Madison, WI: Edward Elgar.
- Amason, A.C. & Mooney, A. (2008). "Icarus' paradox revisited: An examination of the relationship between past performance and strategic decision making.", Strategic Organization. 6 407-434.
- Mooney, A., Holahan, P. & Amason, A.. (2007). "Don't take it personally: Exploring cognitive conflict as a mediator of affective conflict.", Journal of Management Studies. 44 733-758.
- Hambrick, D.C., Finkelstein, S. & Mooney, A.. (2005). "Executives sometimes lose it, just like the rest of us.", Academy of Management Review. (30), 503-508.
- Finkelstein, S. & Mooney, A.. (2005). "Not the usual suspects: How to use board process to make boards better. ", 17: 101-113. , Academy of Management Executive (One of 3 Finalists for the AME Annual Best Paper Award). (17), 101-113.
- Hambrick, D.C., Finkelstein, S. & Mooney, A.. (2003). "Executive job demands: New insights for explaining strategic decisions and leader behaviors. ", Academy of Management Review. (30), 472-491.
- MGT 680 Organizational Behavior and Theory
- MGT 801 Special Problems in Mangement (PhD)
- BT 181 Seminar in Business
- BT 499 Independent Study
- MGT 725 Strategic Management
- MGT 699 Strategic Management
- MGT 689 Organizational Behavior and Design
- BT 330 Social Psychology and Organizational Behavior