Dr. Alan Maltz
- Ph.D. (2001) Technology Management, Stevens Institute of Technology
- MBA (1974) Management Science, Pace University
- BE (1971) Electrical Engineering, City College of New York
- Organizational Management
- Project Management
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
Dr. Maltz is currently a full-time Executive in Residence at Stevens Institute of Technology teaching courses in Technology Management. He was also a co-founder in Comsci, LLC an IT Business Economics firm (sold to NASDAQ – UPLD). He served on the Board of Directors of Callwave, Inc. (an Internet- based virtual telecommunications firm) and retired as Executive Vice President and member of the Board of Directors of Brite Voice Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ - BVSI), a $180 million company with over 800 employees worldwide (Brite was sold to Intervoice (NASDAQ - INTV) in May, 1999). He was President and founder of Telecom Services Limited (TSL), which was acquired by Brite in August, 1995. In his capacity as head of the TSL Division, he oversaw marketing strategy, business development, financial planning and management operations.
Since founding TSL in 1986, Dr. Maltz grew the firm into an organization with 1996 revenues of $18 million and over 150 employees across the United States, in Canada and the United Kingdom. He also expanded TSL by acquiring two companies in the telecommunications expense management system business. Major TSL clients include financial services organizations (JPMorgan, Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, AIG), government entities (States of New York, California and Florida), health care providers (Memorial Sloan Kettering, NYU Medical Center, Duke University Medical Center) and multinationals (Kraft, Warner Lambert, IBM, Texaco, Sun Microsystems).
Prior to founding TSL in 1986, he was Vice President, Telecommunications Systems at Bankers Trust Company, where he managed the engineering, design and operations of all global telecommunications systems and facilities in 25 countries. Dr. Maltz has traveled extensively worldwide to design, implement and manage both voice and data communications networks and systems. Prior to Bankers Trust, he worked as a Project Engineer at Western Union and New York Telephone.
Dr. Maltz holds degrees in electrical engineering, business administration and a Ph.D in Technology Management. He is a Registered Professional Engineer in New York and New Jersey. Dr. Maltz is a Senior Life Member of the I.E.E.E.
Academic coordinator: Mgt 609 Introduction to Project Management
Coordinator- Mgt 802/803 Project Management Exam
Developed – Qualification PM PhD exam
Government – NASA (2005) Reviewer for Cooperative Program In Space Science for the USRA
- Defining and Measuring Organizational Success: A Multi-dimensional Framework (awarded best dissertation in Technology Management - May, 2001)
- Professional Engineer - New York and New Jersey
- Senior Life Member, IEEE
- with Haoyu Gao. (2015). "Successful MetLife Integration -- A Three Year Project Completed within Seven Months", Journal of Case Research and Inquiry, 1 43-63.
- with Aaron J. Shenhar, Dov Dvir and Haoyu Gao. (2014). "Success comes in many dimensions: The critical role of the human capital and preparing for the future in every organizational scorecard", British Journal of Economics, Management & Trade, 10 (4), 1555- 1576.
- with A. Shenhar, D. Dvir and M. Poli. (2012). "Integrating Success Scorecards Across Corporate Organizational Levels", The Open Business Journal, (5), 8-19.
- with A. Shenhar and R. Reilly. (2003). "Beyond the balanced scorecard: refining the search for organizational success measures", Long Range Planning , 2 (36), 185-201.
- with A. Shenhar, D. Dvir and O. Levy. (2001). "Project Success: A Multidimensional Strategic Concept", Long Range Planning, (34), 699-725.
- A. Maltz, G. Lynn, M. P. Jurkat, and M. D. Hammer. (1999). "New media in marketing redefine competitive advantage: A comparison of small and large firms", The Journal of Services Marketing, 13 (1), 9-20.
- A. Maltz. (1986). "Banking on packet switching", Computerworld on Communications, 91-93.
- A. Maltz. (Apr 1984). "Bankers Trust: BTNet pockets profits with packet switching", Communication Age, 26 (27).
- A. Maltz. (May 1976). "Television cables Save Money for Bankers Trust in wideband data network", Data Communications, 5 (3), 81-86.
- Aaron J. Shenhar, Dov Dvir, Ofer Levy, and Alan Maltz. (2007). "Project Success – A Multidimensional Strategic Concept", Linking Projects to Business Strategy, Project Management Institute.
- MGT 609 Project Management Fundamentals
- MGT 802 Project Management Examination
- MGT 803 Project Management Examination
- MGT 613 Program Office and Portfolio Management