Dr. Michael Pennotti
- Ph.D. - Polytechnic Institute of New York (Electrical Engineering)
- M.S. - Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn (Electrical Engineering)
- B.E.E. - Manhattan College (Electrical Engineering)
- Dr. Pennotti joined Stevens following thirty-one years of systems engineering leadership at Bell Laboratories, AT&T, Lucent Technologies, and Avaya. At Bell Labs, he designed, analyzed, and improved the operational performance of three generations of anti-submarine warfare systems for the United States Navy. From 1984 to 1990 he was Director of Advanced ASW Concepts. Over the next ten years, he applied the same principles and practices to solve business problems, while serving on the senior leadership teams of three different businesses.
- As Quality Director for AT&T Business Communications Systems, he led the unit to a Baldrige site visit.
- As Human Resources Vice President for Lucent's Enterprise Networks, he helped develop and execute people strategies to support the doubling of that business in three years.
- As VP Quality for Avaya, he established the initial business processes for an $8B Lucent spin-off.
- In addition to his position at Stevens, Mike regularly consults with industry, applying system engineering principles to businesses improvement. He is a past member of the faculty of the Center for Management Development at Rutgers University, where he delivered and taught a workshop entitled "Strategeic Dimensions of Supervision and Team Leadership.".
Honors & Awards
Henry Morton Distinguished Teaching Professor (2006)
- Dr. Pennotti is a Fellow of the International Council on Systems Engineering, a senior member of both the IEEE and the American Society for Quality, and a former trustee of Caldwell College.
- He is also a graduate of the AEA/Stanford Executive Institute for Technology Executives.
- SDOE 625 Fundamentals of Systems Engineering
- SDOE 650 System Architecture and Design