Dr. Anthony Barrese
- PhD (1978), Stevens Institute of Technology
- Master of Electrical Engineering (1971), Stevens Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Engineering (1970), Stevens Institute of Technology.
Managerial Training Programs:
- Advanced Management Program, Wharton (1987)
- Executive Program in Marketing & Financial Management, Columbia University (1988,1990)
- International Management Program, Indiana University (1996)
- System & Enterprise Architectures
- Strategic Architectures
- R&D Governance
Anthony Barrese came to Stevens from NCR where he was a company officer, and vice president and general manager of the Teradata Industry Application Division and the Network Products Division. He has had thirty-five years of corporate planning, systems engineering and architecture, product management, product development, manufacturing and quality management experience. Prior to NCR, he worked at Bell Laboratories and AT&T on a variety of computing, voice and data communication programs. He teaches courses in systems engineering.
- STEVENS INSTITUTE of TECHNOLOGY, 2005 – Present, Industry Professor – Systems Engineering & Engineering Management
- SETON HALL UNIVERSITY, 2004, Adjunct Faculty - Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
- NCR CORPORATION, 1991-2004, Vice President & General Manager (2002-2004)-Chief of Staff; (1996-2002)-Teradata Industry Solutions Division; (1991-1996)-Network Products Division; (1995 – 1997)-Computer Systems Quality
- AT&T COMPUTER SYSTEMS, 1984-1991 (1988-1991)-Director, Product Line Planning & Product Management; (1984-1988)-Department Head, UNIX Systems Engineering & Product Management
- BELL TELEPHONE LABORATORIES,1969-1984 (1978-1984)-Supervisor, Systems Engineering and Development; (1970-1978)-Member of Technical Staff - Variety of Voice & Data Communication System programs -and the Safeguard System.
Tau Beta Pi Alumnus.
- Barrese. (Jul 1988). "The Standards Game", UNIX Review.
- Barrese. (1998). "Electronic Commerce & Data Warehousing", TeleTimes, (3).
- Barrese. "UNIX System V Directions", Compcon 1987.
- Barrese. "Challenges Related to Implementing OSI", ENE ’92.
- Barrese. "(Teradata Datawarehouse) Industry Solutions: the BIG Picture", Partners ‘2000.
- Barrese & Shapiro. (Nov 1979). "Structuring Programs for Efficient Operation in Virtual Memory Systems", IEEE Transactions of Software Engineering.
- Barrese, Parker, Robbins & Steele. (Sep 1983). "Total Network Data System: Environment and Objectives", The Bell System Technical Journal.
- Barrese, Bayer & Kevorkian. (1988). "Open Systems and AT&T’s Application Operating Environment", AT&T Technology, 3 (3).
- SYS 625 Fundamentals of Systems Engineering
- SYS 650 System Architecture and Design