Dr. Junjian Qi
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Tsinghua University, China, 2013
- B.E. in Electrical Engineering, Shandong University, China, 2008
Dr. Junjian Qi's research is focused on electric power systems, in particular on cascading failure, microgrid control, cyber-physical system security, and synchrophasors.
Dr. Junjian Qi is an Assistant Professor at Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology. He was an Assistant Professor at Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Central Florida during August 2017-August 2020.
He was the receipt of the NSF CAREER Award in 2020. He is a Senior Member of IEEE and serves as an Associate Editor for IEEE Access.
- Joint Appointed Argonne Staff, Computation Institute, University of Chicago, 12/2016-7/2017
- Postdoctoral Appointee, Argonne National Laboratory, 1/2015-7/2017
- Research Associate, Univeristy of Tennessee, Knoxville, 9/2013-1/2015
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 2020
- Argonne Outstanding Postdoctoral Performance Award, 2016
- Assistant Professor, ECE Department, Stevens Institute of Technology, 8/2020-present
- Assistant Professor, ECE Department, University of Central Florida, 8/2017-8/2020
- Senior Member, IEEE, 2017-present
- Secretary, IEEE PES Task Force on "Voltage Control for Smart Grids", 2016-2019
- Sheik M. Mohiuddin and Junjian Qi. (May 2020). "Droop-free distributed control for AC microgrids with precisely regulated voltage variance and admissible voltage profile guarantees", IEEE Trans. Smart Grid. 11 (3), 1956-1967.
- Junjian Qi, Jianhui Wang, and Kai Sun. (May 2018). "Effcient estimation of component interactions for cascading failure analysis by EM algorithm", IEEE Trans. Power Syst.. 33 (3), 3153-3161.
- Junjian Qi, Kai Sun, Jianhui Wang, and Hui Liu. (Mar 2018). "Dynamic state estimation for multi-machine power system by unscented Kalman filter with enhanced numerical stability", IEEE Trans. Smart Grid. 9 (2), 1184-1196.
- Junjian Qi, Adam Hahn, Xiaonan Lu, Jianhui Wang, and Chen-Ching Liu. (Dec 2016). "Cybersecurity for distributed energy resources and smart inverters", IET Cyber-Physical Systems: Theory & Applications. 1 (1).
- Junjian Qi, Kai Sun, and Wei Kang. (Jul 2015). "Optimal PMU placement for power system dynamic state estimation by using empirical observability gramian", IEEE Trans. Power Syst.. 30 (4), 2041-2054.
- Junjian Qi, Kai Sun, and Shengwei Mei. (Mar 2015). "An interaction model for simulation and mitigation of cascading failures", IEEE Trans. Power Syst.. 30 (2), 804-819.
- Heng Zhang, Wenchao Meng, Junjian Qi, Xiaoyu Wang, and Wei Xing Zheng. (Mar 2020). "Chapter 5: False data injection attacks on inverter-based microgrid in autonomous mode", Distributed Control Methods and Cyber Security Issues in Microgrids, Elsevier.
- Kai Sun, Yunhe Hou, Wei Sun, and Junjian Qi. (Jan 2019). Power System Control under Cascading Failures: Understanding, Mitigation, and Restoration, Wiley-IEEE Press.
- EE 589 Introduction to Power Engineering