2014: Ph.D., University of Rochester, Supervisor: Joseph H Eberly
2004: B.S., Nankai University
Classically Entangled Optics: classical entanglement; optical polarization, spatial and temporal coherence; quantum simulation with classical optics
Quantum Information: multiparty coherence and entanglement; coherence/entanglement sharing; geometric approach to resource theory; quantum multi-tasking
Quantum Optics and Foundational Physics: Bell inequality; wave-particle duality; spontaneous emission; single photon coherence; cavity QED
Journal Reviewer: Optica, Optics Letters, Optics Express, New Journal of Physics, Journal of Physics A, Journal of Physics B, Journal of the Optical Society of America A, Journal of the Optical Society of America B, Quantum Information & Computation, Scientific Reports, Optics Communications, Europhysics Letters, International Journal of Quantum Information, Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Photonics, Quantum Information Processing, Annalen der Physik, etc.
Assistant Professor: 2019 - Present, Department of Physics, Stevens Institute of Technology
Research Associate: 2015 - 2019, The Institute of Optics, University of Rochester
Instructor/Fellow: 2014 - 2015, Department of Physics & Astronomy, University of Rochester
Optical Society of America, American Physical Society
- Opli.net. "Resolving quantum 'weirdness': A new look at the duality of light", OPLI News .
- Optics & Photonics News. "Mixed Signals from a Quantum Guidepost", OPN News .
- National Science Foundation. "Drawing a line between quantum and classical world", NSF News .
- University of Rochester. "Drawing a line between quantum and classical: Bell's Inequality fails test as boundary", Rochester News .
- X.-F. Qian, A.N. Vamivakas, and J.H. Eberly. "Entanglement Limits Duality and Vice Versa", Optica 5, 942-947 (2018). Classically Entangled Optics.
- X.-F. Qian, A.N. Vamivakas, and J.H. Eberly. "Emerging Connections: Quantum and Classical Optics", Optics & Photonics News 28 (10), 34-41 (2017). Classically Entangled Optics.
- J.H. Eberly, X.-F. Qian and A.N. Vamivakas. "Polarization Coherence Theorem", Optica 4, 1113 (2017). Classically Entangled Optics.
- X.-F. Qian, T. Malhotra, A.N. Vamivakas, and J.H. Eberly,. "Coherence Constraints and the Last Hidden Optical Coherence", Phys. Rev. Lett. 117, 153901 (2016). Classically Entangled Optics.
- X.-F. Qian, B. Little, J.C. Howell, and J.H. Eberly. "Shifting the Quantum-Classical Boundary: Theory and Experiment for Statistically Classical Optical Fields", Optica 2, 611 (2015). Classically Entangled Optics.
- X.-F. Qian and J.H. Eberly. "Entanglement and classical polarization states", Opt. Lett. 36, 4110 (2011). Classically Entangled Optics.
- X.-F. Qian, M. Alonso, and J.H. Eberly. "Entanglement polygon inequality in qubit systems", New Journal. Phys. 20, 063012 (2018). Quantum Information.
- M.A. Alonso, X.-F. Qian, and J.H. Eberly. "Center-of-mass interpretation for bi-partite purity analysis of N-party entanglement", Phys. Rev. A 94, 030303(R) (2016). Quantum Information.
- B. Chen, Y.D. Peng, Y. Li, and X.-F. Qian. "Robust Multiple-Range Coherent Quantum State Transfer", Scientific Reports 6, 28886 (2016). Quantum Information.
- X.-F. Qian, C.J. Broadbent, and J.H. Eberly. "Bell violation for unknown continuous-variable states", New J. Phys. 16, 013033 (2014). Quantum Optics and Foundational Physics.
- X.-F. Qian. "Pre-management of disentanglement", J. Phys. A: Math. Theor. 47, 265304 (2014). Quantum Optics and Foundational Physics.