- Ph.D. in Accounting, Stern School of Business, New York University, 2014
- B.B.A in Accounting, Renmin University of China, Beijing, China, 2009
- Conference Calls
- Management Forecasts
- Financial Analysts
- Textual Analysis
- Supplier-Customer Relationship
Assistant Professor of Accounting, School of Management, University at Buffalo, SUNY. 2014 - 2019
Honors & Awards
- AAA FARS Excellence in Reviewing Award, 2018
- NYU Marcus Nadler Fellowship, 2013-2014
- AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2013
- NYU Stern Doctoral Fellowship, 2009-2013
- National Scholarship, Renmin University of China, 2008
- Jing Chen, Yiwei Dou, Youli Zou. (2020). "Information Externalities of Disclosure Regulation: Evidence from SFAS 161", The Accounting Review, forthcoming.
- Zahn Bozanic, Jing Chen, Michael J. Jung. (2019). "Analyst Contrarianism", Journal of Financial Reporting, 2 (4), 61-88.
- Jing Chen, Elizabeth Demers, Baruch Lev. (2018). "Oh What a Beautiful Morning! Diurnal Influences on Executives and Analysts: Evidence from Conference Calls", Management Science, 64 (12), 5899-5924.
- Jing Chen, Michael J. Jung, Joshua Ronen. (2017). "The Confirmation Effect of Analyst Recommendation Reiterations", Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance, 32 (4), 576-592.
- Jing Chen, Michael J. Jung. (2016). "Activist Hedge Funds and Firm Disclosure", Review of Financial Economics, 29, 52-63.
- Jing Chen, Elizabeth Demers, Baruch Lev. (Oct 2013). "The Dangers of Late-Afternoon Earnings Calls", Harvard Business Review.
- BT 215 Managerial Accounting