Sang Won Bae
- Ph.D., Cognitive Science and Engineering, Yonsei University
- M.S., School of Information Science, Ewha Womans University
- B.S., Electronics Engineering, Myongji University
- Predicting Human Behaviors to Enhance Quality of Healthcare Service and to Save Costs: Predicting Hospital Readmissions for Cancer Patients [UbiCompí16] and Estimation of Symptom Severity During Chemotherapy [JMIRí17]
- Sensing Risky Behaviors [UbiCompí17; Addictive Behaviorí18] and Developing Detection Algorithms Using Smartphone-based Sensors and Experience Sampling Methods (ESM) in the Wild
- Developing Integrated Health Systems of Interventions for Human Behavior Changes
Sang-Won (Grace) Bae is an assistant professor at the School of Systems and Enterprises. She joined SSE from Carnegie Mellon University, where she was a systems scientist in human-computer interaction. Dr. Bae's research interests are focused on using passive data from smartphones and wearable devices to develop predictive models of human behavior that could reduce healthcare costs. She has received grants and awards from several foundations, including the R21 grant from the National Institutes of Health, the National Research Foundation of Korea and the Korea Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea.