Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla, MO. Advisor: Professor Kamal H. Khayat
M.S. and B.S. in Civil Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, China
- Development of Advanced High-performance Construction Materials
- Development of Sustainable and Resilient Construction Materials for Structural Applications
- Multiscale Experimental Testing and Numerical Modeling
- Physical and Chemical Analyses and Modeling
Graduate Student Council Committee
Guest Editor of: Journal of Applied Science
Assoicate member of:
ACI 239 - Ultra-high Performance Concrete
ACI 241 - Nano Technology of Concrete
ACI 236 - Materials Science
Serve as the Reviewer of:
Cement and Concrete Research; Cement and Concrete Composites; Journal of Physical Chemistry C; Composites B: Engineering; Materials and Structures; ACI Structural Journal; ACI Materials Journal; Construction and Building Materials; ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering
- Award of Best Poster, Student Competition of 1st International Interactive Symposium on UHPC, 07/2016
- Women’s Transportation Seminar Helene M. Overly Memorial Scholarship, Missouri Department of Transportation, 05/2016
- Honorary DJ Belarbi Graduate Scholarship, American Concrete Institute, Missouri Chapter, 04/2016
- Graduate Research Fellowship, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 03/2016
- Travel Grant, Missouri University of Science and Technology, 04/2016
- Member of American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- Associate Member of ACI 239 Ultra-high Performance Concrete (UHPC)
- Member of American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Member of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- L. Fan, W. Meng *, L. Teng, K.H. Khayat. (Nov 15, 2019). "Effect of Steel Fibers with Galvanized Coatings on Corrosion of Steel Bars Embedded in UHPC", Composites Part B: Engineering, 177 (107445).
- K.H. Khayat, W. Meng *, K. Vallurupalli, L.Teng. (Aug 1, 2019). "Rheological Properties of Ultra-High-Performance Concrete: An overview", Cement and Concrete Research, 124 (105828).
- W Meng, A Kumar, KH Khayat. (2019). "Effect of Silica Fume and Slump-retaining Polycarboxylate-based Dispersant on the Development of Properties of Portland Cement Paste", Cement and Concrete Composites, 99 181-190.
- L Fan, Y Bao, W Meng, G Chen. (2019). "In-situ Monitoring of Corrosion-induced Expansion and Mass Loss of Steel Bar in Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete Using a Distributed Fiber Optic Sensor", Composites Part B: Engineering, 165 679-689.
- Y Liu, Q Zhang, W Meng, Y Bao, Y Bu. (2019). "Transverse Fatigue Behaviour of Steel-UHPC Composite Deck with Large-Size U-ribs", Engineering Structures, 388-399 180.
- X Li, H Xu, W Meng*, Y Bao. (2018). "Tri-axial Compressive Properties of High-Performance Fiber-reinforced Cementitious Composites after Exposure to High Temperatures", Construction and Building Materials, 190 939-947.
- W Meng, KH Khayat, Y Bao. (2018). "Flexural behaviors of fiber-reinforced polymer fabric reinforced ultra-high-performance concrete panels", Cement and Concrete Composites, 93 43-53.
- W Meng, KH Khayat. (2018). "Effect of graphite nanoplatelets and carbon nanofibers on rheology, hydration, shrinkage, mechanical properties, and microstructure of UHPC", Cement and Concrete Research, 105 64-71.
- W Meng, KH Khayat. (2018). "Effect of hybrid fibers on fresh properties, mechanical properties, and autogenous shrinkage of cost-effective UHPC", Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 33 (4), 04018030.
- W Meng, VA Samaranayake, KH Khayat. (2018). "Factorial Design and Optimization of UHPC with Lightweight Sand", ACI Materials Journal, 115 (1), 129-138.
- W Meng, KH Khayat. (2017). "Effects of saturated lightweight sand content on key characteristics of ultra-high-performance concrete", Cement and Concrete Research, 101 46-54.
- W Meng, Y Yao, B Mobasher, KH Khayat. (2017). "Effects of loading rate and notch-to-depth ratio of notched beams on flexural performance of ultra-high-performance concrete", Cement and Concrete Composites, 83 349-359.
- Y Bao, M Valipour, W Meng, KH Khayat, G Chen. (2017). "Distributed fiber optic sensor-enhanced detection and prediction of shrinkage-induced delamination of ultra-high-performance concrete overlay", Smart Materials and Structures, 26 (8), 085009.
- W Meng, KH Khayat. (2017). "Improving flexural performance of ultra-high-performance concrete by rheology control of suspending mortar", Composites Part B: Engineering, 117 26-34.
- W Meng, M Valipour, KH Khayat. (2017). "Optimization and performance of cost-effective ultra-high performance concrete", Materials and structures, 50 (1), 29.
- W Meng, KH Khayat. (2016). "Mechanical properties of ultra-high-performance concrete enhanced with graphite nanoplatelets and carbon nanofibers", Composites Part B: Engineering, 107 113-122.
- W Meng, P Lunkad, A Kumar, KH Khayat. (2016). "Influence of silica fume and polycarboxylate ether dispersant on hydration mechanisms of cement", The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 120 (47), 26814-26823.
- W Meng, KH Khayat. (2016). "Experimental and Numerical Studies on Flexural Behavior of Ultrahigh-Performance Concrete Panels Reinforced with Embedded Glass Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Grids", Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2592 38-44.
- Y Bao, F Tang, Y Chen, W Meng, Y Huang, G Chen. (2016). "Concrete pavement monitoring with PPP-BOTDA distributed strain and crack sensors", Smart Structures and Systems, 18 (3), 405-423.
- Y Bao, W Meng, Y Chen, G Chen, KH Khayat. (2015). "Measuring mortar shrinkage and cracking by pulse pre-pump Brillouin optical time domain analysis with a single optical fiber", Materials Letters , 145 344-346.
- M.H. Al-Dahhan, O.J. Farid, A.J. Sultan, W. Meng, K. Khayat. (2018). "Non-Invasive Imaging of Distribution of Coarse Aggregate in Hardened States Concrete Using Advanced Gamma Ray Computed Tomography", 2018 GCEAS, Tokyo, Japan.
- W. Meng, K.H. Khayat. (2018). "Effect of Graphite Nanoplatelets and Carbon Nanofibers on Key Properties of UHPC", NICOM6, Hongkon.
- W. Meng, K.H. Khayat. (2017). "Mixture Optimization Strategies of Ultra-high Performance Concrete with High Volume of Supplementary Cementitious Materials", ICCM 2017, Montreal, Canada.
- W Meng, KH Khayat. (2016). "Flexural performance of ultra-high performance concrete ballastless track slabs", 2016 Joint Rail Conference.
- W Meng, KH Khayat. (2016). "Development of stay-in-place formwork using GFRP reinforced UHPC elements", Proc. 1st int. interactive symposium on UHPC, Des Moines, Iowa, USA.
- CE 381 Civil Engineering Measurements Lab
- CE 484 Reinforced Concrete Design