|PhD||2009-2014||University of Southern California, Electrical Engineering|
|MS||2007-2009||Bogazici University, Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|BS||2002-2007||Bogazici University, Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
Optimization and Regularization for Machine Learning, Signal Processing, Neuroimaging
- Machine Learning Scientist, Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) forecasting team, Amazon (2016-2018)
- Data Scientist, Corporate and Investment Banking Data Science, JP Morgan Chase (2015, 2016)
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist at Laboratory for Intelligent Imaging and Neural Computing (LIINC), Columbia University, 2014-2015
Honors & Awards
- AWS Machine Learning Research Awards, August, 2019.
- ICML Diversity Inclusion fellowship, June, 2019.
- Travel grant from Women in Science and Engineering at USC for HBM, 2014, Hamburg, Germany; Asilomar Conference, 2013, Pacific Grove, CA; BIOMAG, 2012, Paris, France; HBM, 2011, Quebec, Canada.
- Ming Hsieh Institute Ph.D. Scholar, given to six outstanding senior Ph.D. students in Electrical Engineering Department at USC, Los Angeles,CA, 2013.
- Best PhD poster award, BIOMAG, 2012, Paris, France.
- National Publication Award from Brain Research Society-Turkey for the paper “S. Aydore, M. K. Mihcak, A. Akin, R. K. Ciftci, “On Temporal Connectivity of PFC via Gauss-Markov Modeling of fNIRS Signals, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, March 2010”.
- Opportunity Grant from EducationUSA funded by the U.S. Department of States’ Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (2009).
- Viterbi School of Engineering Doctoral Fellowship Award at University of Southern California (2009).
- Necmi Tanyolac award from Biomedical Engineering Institute at Bogazici University (2009).
- OSA Foundation Grant to attend Biomedical Optics, St. Petersburg, FL, USA (2008).
- Sergul Aydore, Tianhao Zhu, Dean Foster. (2019). "Dynamic Local Regret for Non-convex Online Forecasting", 33rd Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS 2019).
- S. Aydore, B. Thirion, G. Varoquaux. (2019). "Feature Grouping as a Stochastic Regularizer for High-Dimensional Structured Data", International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML). arxiv .
- S. Aydore, L. Dicker, D. Foster. (2018). "A local Regret in Nonconvex Online Learning", Continual Learning Workshop, NeurIPS. arxiv .
- S. Aydore, S. Ashrafulla, A. A. Joshi, R. M. Leahy. (2013). "A Measure of Connectivity in the Presence of Crosstalk", Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers.
- S. Aydore, D. Pantazis, R. M. Leahy. (2012). "Phase Synchrony in Multivariate Gaussian Data with Applications to Cortical Networks", ISBI 2012.
- S. Aydore, I. Sen, M. K. Mihcak, Y. P. Kahya. (2009). "Classification of Respiratory Signals by Linear Analysis", IEEE EMBS Conference.
- S. Aydore, D.Pantazis, R. M. Leahy. (2013). "A Note on the Phase Locking Value and its Properties", NeuroImage.
- S. Aydore, M. K. Mihcak, A. Akin, R. K. Ciftci. (2010). "On Temporal Connectivity of PFC via Gauss-Markov Modeling of fNIRS Signals", IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering.