Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering, the University of Toledo, 2001
- Cognitive radio networks and spectrum management
- Internet of Things and cyber-physical systems
- Wireless communication networks
- Mobile computing and cybersecurity
- Engineering education
Min Song is currently a Profesor and Chair of ECE, and interim Chair of CS. Before joining Stevens, Min was the David House Professor, Chair of CS, and Professor of ECE at Michigan Tech from 2014 to 2018. He was also the Founding Director of the Michigan Tech Institute of Computing and Cybersystems. Prior to joining Michigan Tech, Min served as Program Director with the National Science Foundation (NSF) from 2010 to 2014. Min's professional career comprises 30 years in academia, government, and industry. Over the course of his career, Min has held various leadership positions.
Honors & Awards
- IEEE Fellow (2018)
- NSF Director's Award (2012)
- NSF CAREER Award (2007)
- Best Paper Award, IEEE GLOBECOM (2013)
- Best Paper Award, IEEE NAS (2010)
- Member, Search Committee, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Chair, Search Committee, Vice Provost for Research and Innovation
- Chair, Review Committee, Associate Dean
- General Chair, IEEE ICC Workshop on 5G and Beyond Wireless Security, 2021
- Technical Program Committee Co-Chair, IEEE ICC 2020
- General Chair, IEEE GLOBECOM Workshop on 5G and Beyond Wireless Security, 2020
- Member, IEEE INFOCOM Standing Committee, 2015-present
- Director, IEEE ComSoc Conference Operations, 2016-2017
- Member, IEEE ComSoc Board of Governors, 2016-2017
- General Chair, IEEE INFOCOM 2016
- Technical Program Committee Vice-Chair, IEEE GLOBECOM 2015
- Editor-in-Chief, EAI Transactions on Wireless Spectrum, 2013-2017
- Editor, Elsevier Computer Networks, 2016-present
- Editor, Journal of Communications, 2008-2019
- Editor, Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing, 2006-present
Selected Recent Publications
Over the course of his career, Min Song has published more than 180 papers. Below are selected recent publications.
- J. Wang, W. Wang, C. Wang, and M. Song, “Spectrum Activity Surveillance: Modeling and Analysis from Perspectives of Surveillance Coverage and Culprit Detection,” IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, Oct. 2020.
- A. Adebayo, D. Rawat, and M. Song, “Prediction Based Adaptive RF Spectrum Reservation in Wireless Virtualization,” Proc. of IEEE ICC, June 2020.
- A. Jalooli, K. Zhang, M. Song, and W. Wang, “A Novel Clustering Scheme for Heterogeneous Vehicular Networks,” Proc. of IEEE ICC, June 2020.
- N. Sapavath, D. Rawat, and M. Song, “Machine Learning for RF Slicing using CSI Prediction in Software Defined Large-scale MIMO Wireless Networks,” IEEE Trans. on Network Science and Engineering, May 2020.
- C. Xin, and M. Song, “Analysis of the On-Demand Spectrum Access Architecture for CBRS Cognitive Radio Networks,” IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, Feb. 2020.
- P. Paul, H. Wu, C. Xin, and M. Song, “Beamforming Oriented Topology Control for mmWave Networks,” IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, April 2019.
- J. Wang, S. Pambudi, W. Wang, and M. Song, “Resilience of IoT Systems Against Edge-induced Cascade-of-Failures: A Networking Perspective,” IEEE Internet of Things Journal, April 2019.
- A. Jalooli, M. Song, and W. Wang, “Message Coverage Maximization in Infrastructure-Based Urban Vehicular Networks,” Elsevier Vehicular Communications, April 2019.
- C. Xin, P. Paul, M. Song, and Q. Gu, “On Dynamic Spectrum Allocation in Geo-location Spectrum Sharing Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, April 2019.
- D. Rawat, A. Alshaikhi, A. Alshammari, C. Bajracharya, and M. Song, "Payoff Optimization through Wireless Network Virtualization for IoT Applications: A Three Layer Game Approach," IEEE Internet of Things Journal, October 2018.
- D. Rawat, R. Alsabet, C. Bajracharya, and M. Song, “On the Performance of Cognitive Internet-of-Vehicles with Unlicensed User Mobility and Licensed User Activity,” Elsevier Computer Networks, April 2018.
- Y. Luo, L. Pu, Y. Zhao, G. Wang, and M. Song, “Optimal Energy Requesting Strategy for RF-based Energy Harvesting Wireless Communications,” Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM, May 2017.
- X. Xu, and M. Song, “Approximation Algorithms for Wireless Opportunistic Spectrum Scheduling in Cognitive Radio Networks,” Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM, April 2016.
- C. Xin, and M. Song, “An Application-Oriented Spectrum Sharing Architecture,” IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, May 2015.
- C. Xin, and M. Song, “Detection of PUE Attacks in Cognitive Radio Networks based on Signal Activity Pattern,” IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, May 2014.
- C. Xin, M. Song, L. Ma, G. Hsieh, and C. Shen, “An Incentivized Cooperative Architecture for Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks,” IEEE Trans. on Wireless Communications, Oct. 2013.
- M. Song, C. Xin, Y. Zhao, and X. Cheng, “Dynamic Spectrum Access: From Cognitive Radio to Network Radio,” IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, Feb. 2012.
- CPE 679 Computer and Information Networks
- EE/CPE/AAI 800 Special research problems
- EE 820 Research seminar
- IEEE, ACM, ASEE