Dr. Amir H. Gandomi
- Data Mining/Interpretation
- Big Data Analysis
- Evolutionary Computation
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Smart Cities
Please find my papers along their citations here
Amir H. Gandomi is an Assistant Professor of Analytics & Information Systems at School of Business, Stevens Institute of Technology. Prior to joining Stevens, Dr. Gandomi was a distinguished research fellow in headquarter of BEACON NSF center located at Michigan State University. He received his Ph.D. in engineering and used to be a lecturer in several universities. Dr. Gandomi has published over one hundred and forty journal papers and four books. Some of those publications are now among the hottest papers in the field and collectively have been cited more than 11,000 times (h-index = 53). In 2017 and 2018, he has been named as a Highly Cited Researcher (top 1%) and one of the world’s most influential scientific minds. Dr Gandomi is currently ranked 19th in GP bibliography among more than 11,000 researchers. He has also served as associate editor, editor and guest editor in several prestigious journals and has delivered several keynote/invited talks. Dr Gandomi is part of a NASA technology cluster on Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning. His research interests are global optimization and (big) data mining using machine learning and evolutionary computations in particular.
- Associate Editor of IEEE Transaction on Big Data - IEEE (January 2018 – Present)
- Associate Editor of Swarm and Evolutionary Computation – Elsevier (May 2015 – Present)
- Associate Editor of The Journal of Engineering – IET (February 2016 – Present)
- Associate Editor of Asia Pacific Journal of Computational Engineering – Springer (April 2014 – June 2017)
- Assistant Editor of International Journal of Advanced Structural Engineering – Springer (June 2016 – Present)
- Section Editor for ‘Artificial Intelligence’ of Information – MDPI (August 2017 – Present)
- Editor of Geoenvironmental Disasters – Springer
- Editor of Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal – Elsevier
- Editor of Advances in Concrete Construction – An International Journal – Techno Press
- Guest Editor of Automation in Construction – ELSEVIER - SI on “Big Data in Civil Engineering”
- Guest Editor of Advances in Mechanical Engineering – SAGE - SI on “Advances of Artificial Intelligence in Mechanical Engineering”
- Guest Editor of Geoscience Frontiers – ELSEVIER - SI on “Progress of Machine Learning in Geosciences”
- Guest Editor of Memetic Computing - SPRINGER - SI on “Novel Swarm Intelligence Algorithms”
- Guest Editor of ASCE-ASME Journal of Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering Systems - SI on “Metaheuristics in Reliability and Risk Analysis”
- Guest Editor of IEEE Internet of Things Journal - SI on “Nature-Inspired Approaches for IoT and Big Data”
- Scientiﬁc Committee, International Conference on Soft Computing & Machine Intelligence (ISCMI14), New Delhi, India; (ISCMI15) Hong Kong
- Scientiﬁc Committee, International Conference on Engineering and Applied Sciences Optimization (OPT-i 2014), Kos Island, Greece
- Scientiﬁc Committee, 15th European Metaheuristics Community Workshop: Metaheuristics and Engineering (EU/ME), Istanbul, Turkey, 2014.
- Scientiﬁc Committee of International Student Competition in Structural Optimization (ISCSO), 2012, 2013 and 2015.
- Program Committee, International Symposium on Foundations and Applications of Big Data Analytics (FAB 2015), Paris, France, August 27-28, 2015; (FAB 2016) San Francisco, CA, USA, August 20-21, 2016; (FAB 2017) Sydney, Australia, August 01-03, 2017; (FAB 2018) Barcelona, Spain, August 28-31, 2018;
- International Scientific Committee, 2nd Int. Conference on Harmony Search Algorithm (ICHSA 2015), Seoul, Korea.
- Technical Program Committee, 3rd IEEE International Conference on Big Data and Smart City (ICBDSC 2016), Muscat, Oman.
- Program Committee of International IEEE Symposium on Big Data Management and Analytics (BIDMA 2016), Calgary, Canada
- Technical Program Committee, 2nd International Conference on Big Data & Analytics for Business (BDAB 2016), New Delhi, India
- Program Committee, 4th International Symposium on Computational & Business Intelligence (ISCBI16), Switzerland
- Program Committee, International Conference on Pervasive and Embedded Computing (PEC 2016) Lisbon, Portugal
- Program Committee, 1st to 3rd International Workshop on Machine learning, Optimization and big Data (MOD 2015) Taormina - Sicily, Italy; (MOD 2016) Volterra - Tuscany, Italy; (MOD 2017) Volterra - Tuscany, Italy
- Technical Program Committee, Future Technologies Conference 2016 (FTC 2016), San Francisco, United States
- Technical Committee, SAI Intelligent Systems Conference 2016 (IntelliSys 2016), 2016, London, UK
- Technical Committee, IEEE International Conference on Big Data Analysis, (ICBDA 2016) Hangzhou, China; (ICBDA 2017) Beijing, China; (ICBDA 2019) Suzhou, China
- Scientiﬁc Committee, 5th Modelling and Development of Intelligent Systems, (MDIS 2017) June 23-25, Sibiu, Romania
- International Program Committee, International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Metaheuristics & Swarm Intelligence (ISMSI 2017) Hong Kong
- Program Committee, The 2nd and 3rd Conferences on Swarm Intelligence and Evolutionary Computation (CSIEC2017) 7-9 March 2017, Kerman, Iran, (CSIEC2018) 6-8 March 2018, Bam, Iran
- Organizing Committee, India International Congress on Computational Intelligence (IICCI 2017), India
- International Advisory and Technical Committee, International Conference on Big Data and Internet of Things (BDIOT2017). London, UK, 20-22 December, 2017
- International Program Committee, 3rd Conference on Information Technology, Systems Research and Computational Physics (ITSRCP’18), 2-5 July 2018, Cracow, Poland
- International Program Committee, The Ninth International Conference on Swarm Intelligence, (ICSI’2018) June 17-22, Shanghai, China
- Program Committee, The 7th International Conference on the Theory and Practice of Natural Computing (TPNC 2018) Dublin, Ireland, December 12-14, 2018
- Program Committee, the 14th international IEEE conference on Signal Image Technology and Internet based Systems 2018 (IEEE SITIS’18), Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain, November 26-29 2018
- International Scientific Committee, 2018 International Joint Conference on Robotics, Automation and Mechatronics (JCRAM 2018), Wellington, New Zealand, December 12-14, 2018
- Technical Committee Chair, The 3rd International Conference on Innovation in Artificial Intelligence (ICIAI 2019), Suzhou, China, March 15-18, 2019
- Program Committee, International Conference on Optimization, Metaheuristics and Machine Learning (COMML2020), Xi'an, China, 10-12 April 2020.
- Co-Chairing Special Session (with Dr. M.N. Oomidvar and Prof. K. Deb) on Real-World and Industry Applications of Evolutionary Computation, World Congress on Computational Intelligence (WCCI 2018), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, July 8-13, 2018.
- Local Organizing Committee member of the 13th World Congress in Computational Mechanics (WCCM), Marriott Marquis, New York City, USA, July 22-27, 2018.
- Co-organizing Special Session (with Prof. J. H. Kim) on Engineering Applications of Evolutionary Computation, IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC 2017), San Sebastián, Spain, June 5-8, 2017.
- Organizing a Session on Metaheuristics (Session VI), 4th International Symposium on Computational and Business Intelligence (ISCBI 2016), University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland, Olten, Switzerland, September 5-7, 2016
- Co-organizing a Minisymposia on Metaheuristic Optimization Techniques for Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure Design and Maintenance, 1st International Conference on Engineering and Applied Sciences Optimization, 4-6 June 2014, Kos, Greece
- 1st NASA Biomimicry Summit and Educational Forum, Cleveland, USA, Aug 3, 2016,
- 2nd Int. Conference on Smart Materials & Structures, Philadelphia, USA, Feb 29-Mar 02, 2016
- Int. Conference on Future Computational Technologies, Dubai, UAE, Dec 26, 2015
- 6th Int. Conference on Earthquake and Structures, Kerman, Iran, Oct 15, 2015
- Advanced Infrastructure and Transportation, Rutgers University, NJ, USA, May 2, 2018
- Amirkabir Sustainable Transportation Infrastructure Center, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Tehran, Iran, Jan 13, 2018
- Multi-Scale Modeling and Simulation Laboratory, Universite Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallee, Paris, France, June 12, 2017
- Forum for Artificial Intelligence, Department of Computer Science, University of Texas at Austin, May 5, 2017.
- Business Intelligence & Analytics, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ, Feb 21, 2017.
- Center of Excellence on Soft Computing and Intelligent Information Processing, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran, Dec 24, 2016
- Universal Scientific Education and Research Network (USERN), Students scientific research center of TUMS, Tehran, Iran, Sep 11, 2016
- Seminar Series of the Institute of Structural Health Monitoring, Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule (ETH), Zürich, Switzerland, Sep 8, 2016
- Biomimicry Research and Innovation Center, The University of Akron, OH, May 1,2016
- School of Computer Science & Technology, Jiangsu Normal University, Xuzhou, China, Mar 10,
- (Distinguished Research Fellowship Interview) BEACON Center, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, March 23, 2015
Assistant Professor of Business Intelligence & Analytics: School of Business, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ, USA (August 2017-current)
Visiting Professor: Modélisation et Simulation Multi-Echelle, Université Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée, France (May 2018-June 2018)
BEACON Mini-Sabbaticals Program: Department of Computer Science, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA (May 2017)
Distinguished Research Fellow: BEACON Center, Michigan State University, MI, USA (July 2015- August 2017)
Post-Doctoral Fellow: Civil Engineering, The University of Akron, OH, USA (Spring 2015)
Remote Visiting Professor: School of Computer Science, Megatrend University (known as Megatrend Business School), Belgrade, Serbia (Nov 2014 – Nov 2016)
IEEE (Senior Member)