Dr. Suman Banerjee
Ph.D. (Finance), The University of Iowa
M.A.(Economics), The University of Delhi
B.Sc., The University of Calcutta
- Corporate Governance
- Behavioral Corporate Finance
- Energy Finance
- Contract Theory
- Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Finance and Economics, ISSN (Print): 2328-7284/ISSN (Online): 2328-7276.
- Editorial Board, Journal of Finance and Accounting, ISSN Print: 2330-733/ISSN Online: 2330-7323.
- Editorial Board, Journal of World Economic Research, ISSN Print: 2328-773X/ISSN Online: 2328-7748.
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Economics, Finance and Management Sciences, ISSN Print: 2326-9553/ISSN Online: 2326-9561.
- Ad hoc Reviewer: Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Corporate Finance, Finance Letters, The Financial Review, Journal of Banking and Finance, Pacific Basin Finance Journal, Japan & World Economy, oReview of Financial Economics, Southern Economic Journal, Journal of Financial Research, Journal of Finance and Quantitative Analysis.
- Bloomberg Aptitude Test (BAT), Bloomberg LP., New York City
- Risk Limited Corporation, Dallas, TX
- Economics of Alternative Energy, Entergy Corporation, New Orelans, LA.
- Caeserea Best Paper Award at Western Finance Association Meeting 2002, Park City, UT.
- Bank Scope Best Paper Award 2010, Australian Finance and Banking Conference, Sydney, Australia.
- J.F. and Jessie Lee Scinsheimer Faculty Fellow, A. B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, 2001-2003.
- Beta Gamma Sigma Honorary Fellowship, Tippie School of Business, The University of Iowa, 1999
- Indian University's Junior Research Fellowship, The University of Delhi, New Delhi, India, 1992-1994.
- Center for Advance Studies Merit Scholarship, Delhi School of Economics, New Delhi, India, 1990-1992.
American Finance Association (2000 -- present)
American Economic Association (2000 -- present)
Western Finance Association (2000 -- present)
- 2014-2016 SER Research Grant, The University of Wyoming, USD 30,000
- 2008-2013 Competitive Tier 1 Research Grant, Singapore Ministry of Education, SGD 118,000
- 2011-2013 Rega Capital Competitive Research Grant, Rega Capital, China, SGD 5,000
- 2003-2004 Entergy Green Energy Research Grant, Entergy Corporation, New Orleans, USD 20,000
- Suman Banerjee, Mark Humphery-Jenner, Vikram Nanda and Mandy Tham. "Executive overconfidence and securities class actions", Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Forthcoming.
- Suman Banerjee and Thomas H. Noe. "Legal-system Arbitrage and the Parent-Subsidiary Capital Structures", Management Science, Forthcoming.
- Suman Banerjee and Mark Humphery-Jenner. (May 10, 2016). "Directors' duties of care and the value of auditing", Finance Research Letter, 19 1-14.
- Suman Banerjee, Mark Humphery-Jenner and Vikram Nanda. (Oct 2015). "Restraining overconfident CEOs through improved governance: Evidence from the Sarbanes-Oxley Act", Review of Financial Studies , 28 (10).
- Suman Banerjee, Lili Dai and Keshab Shrestha. (Nov 2011). "Cross country IPOs: What explains differences in underpricing?", Journal of Corporate Finance, 17 1289 -1305.
- Suman Banerjee, Vladimir Gatchev and Paul Spindt. (Jun 2007). "Stock market liquidity and firm dividend policy", Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 42 (2), 265-296.
- Suman Banerjee and Thomas H. Noe. (Sep 2006). "Exotics and electrons: Electric power crises and financial risk management", Journal of Business, 79 (5), 2659-2696.
- Suman Banerjee, Mukarram Attari and Thomas Noe. (Jan 2006). "Crushed by a rational stampede: Strategic share dumping and shareholder insurrection", Journal of Financial Economics, 29 (1), 181- 222.
- FIN 810 Special Topics in Finance
- FIN 629 Fixed Income