Dr. Carlo Lipizzi
Stevens Institute of Technology
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), System Engineering - Mathematics, 2009 - 2015
IMD Business School
- Executive MBA, Management, 1995 - 1996
Sapienza Università di Roma
- Laurea, Mathematics, 1976 - 1981
Principal at boutique data consulting firm, Assistant Professor at the Stevens Institute of Technology, NJ, where I teach and research on data science, text mining and social media analysis. Based in the NYC area, I work in USA and EU on Quantitative-Social Analysis and Service Innovation & Management. I leverage on company and social data providing Behavior Analysis, Predictive modeling, Analytics, Data and Text mining for Product/Service Marketing, Offer Innovation, New business models, Market assessment, Behavioral targeting, Customer segmentation, Corporate Strategy and Technology Planning. My clients are in Telecommunication, IT, Finance, Transportation, Government and Event Management. Specialties: Business Analytics, Social Media Measurement, Predictive Social Behavior Analysis, Business Intelligence, Competitive Analysis/Business Evaluation, Product Marketing & Management, Corporate Strategy, Market entry strategy, Technology Compliance and Evaluation, International Business Operations.
Assistant Professor at Stevens Institute of Technology - January 2014 - Present (2 years 2 months)
- Teaching Data Mining and Big Data Applications at the campus, online and in corporate training.
- Developing research projects on data mining, text mining and network analysis with main focus on social media.
Principal at Pitagorica - January 2010 - Present (6 years 2 months)
- Pitagorica is the quantitative brainchild of Advanced Codd & Date, a technology consulting company headquartered in EU. Leveraging on business experience and using our proprietary solutions we deliver analytics, metrics, models to value clients data and "big data". We focus on Market analysis, Event monitoring, Security, Corporate reputation, Opinions and Brand monitoring. The models and solutions we deliver are a combination of data, text and social media mining with strong business roots. We work for data intensive industries, such as Telecommunication, Insurance, Transportation and Consumer Marketing.
Principal at Lipizzi Consulting - January 2000 - Present (16 years 2 months)
- Lipizzi Consulting delivers Technology-driven Service Innovation and Management. I launched startups in the US and in EU in consulting and technology, covering different executive roles. I cover most of the Product & Service Innovation chain: from the product line analysis, market and target customers analysis to pricing. I also provide Startups support and operations - management.
CTO & Director, Business Solutions at Best Union Company Spa - February 2012 - November 2012 (10 months)
- Worked at the NorthAmerican branch - Omniticket Network - as CTO and Director for Business Solutions, building new services and streamlining operational processes. New services include mobile apps, social media presence and up-selling/cross-selling.
Director, Consulting at Telesoft America - November 1996 - December 2000 (4 years 2 months)
- Worked in Telesoft America, 100% owned by Telecom Italia, as Director for the Internal Consulting unit of Telecom Italia on the Group offer innovation, evaluating market/competitors activity, scouting new technologies, and matching the Group’s business needs with advanced technologies and business models from the U.S.
Senior Business Consultant at Consiel - January 1995 - October 1996 (1 year 10 months)
- Market strategy, Business development and subsidiary startup in Brazil
Senior Business Consultant at AlmavivA S.p.A. - January 1992 - December 1994 (3 years)
- Within the Finsiel group worked for the Group holding company and for Tecsiel - R&D branch on AI/Expert Systems financial applications. Worked as Management Consultant, Business Developer and Marketing/Innovation, locally as a project leader in the Telecommunication industry and in Brazil and Cyprus defining Group strategies and implementing business/activity plans and managing strategic partnerships.
Senior Business Consultant – Business Developer at EY - January 1990 - December 1991 (2 years)
- Dual role as Supervisor for New Business Development for Central and Southern Italy and as Senior Management Consultant.
Technical Manager at Softsiel - January 1988 - December 1989 (2 years)
- Softsiel was part of the Finsiel group, then part of Telecom Italia. Created and directed the “Finsiel Group Technical Advisory Center for Offer Innovation”, leading development and day-to-day management.