Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, University of Connecticut, 2001
M.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Connecticut, 1999
B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 1995
Dr. Muisener’s research interests are polymer materials at surfaces and interfaces and polymeric properties.
Teaching Associate Professor and Program Director (09/15-present), Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Stevens Institute of Technology
Assistant Chair, Graduate Program Coordinator, Director of Academic Research Experience for Undergraduates and Senior Instructor (05/02-06/14), Chemistry, University of South Florida
Postdoctoral Fellow (03/2001 -05/2002), Chemistry, University of South Florida
Charter Member of the National Academy of Inventors, University of South Florida, inducted October 2010
USF Accessi-bull Outstanding Faculty Award offered by the USF Student Disabilities Office, October 2011
Outstanding Service and Exceptional Commitment Award, USF Alliance for the Advancement of Florida’s Academic Woman in Chemistry and Engineering April 2013
Integrated Interdisciplinary Nanoscience Research Experience for Undergraduates Program at the University of South Florida funded by NSF 2003-2005, co-PI and program coordinator
REU Site: Summer Enhanced Experience funded by NSF 2012-2015. Co-PI and co-program coordinator
Transparent polymer carbon nanotube composites and process for preparation, J. Harmon, L. Clayton, and P. Muisener, United States Patent 7094367, 2006
Carbon nanotube/polymer composites resistant to ionizing radiation, J. Harmon, P. Muisener, L. Clayton and J. D’Angelo, United States Patent, 8815144, 2014
- D. Wong , C. A. Jalbert, P. A. V. O'Rourke-Muisener, and J. T. Koberstein. (2012). "Surface Dynamics of Polymer Glasses: Sub-Tg Surface Reorganization in End-Functional Polymers", Macromolecules, 45 7973-7984 .
- Wong, DA; O'Rourke-Muisener, PAV; Koberstein, JT. (2007). "Effect of chain architecture on surface segregation in functional polymers: Synthesis and surface properties of end- and center-functional poly(D,L-lactide) ", Macromolecules, 40 1604-1614.
- Chen, B; Cinke, M; Li, JZ, Clayton, L, Muisener, PA, Harmon, JPH, M. Meyyappan. (2005). "Modifying the electronic character of single-walled carbon nanotubes through anisotropic polymer interaction: A Raman study ", Advanced Functional Materials, 15 1183-1187.
- S. R. Tatro, L.M. Clayton, P.A. O'Rourke Muisener, A.M. Rao, and J.P. Harmon. (2004). "Probing Multi-walled Nanotube/Poly (methyl methacrylate) composites with ionizing radiation", Polymer, 45 1971-1979.
- (2003). "Processing of Transparent Polymer Nanotube Composites via Heat, UV Radiation and Ionizing (γ-)Radiation Using Ultrasonication and Solvent Dissolution", Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings. 772 M 2.4.1.
- CH 115 General Chemistry I
- CH 116 General Chemistry II
- CH 189 Seminar in Chemistry and Biology
- CH 321 Thermodynamics