Dr. Maxine Fontaine
- Ph.D., Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Aalborg University, 2010
- M.S., Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering, University of California, Davis, 2007
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 2004
Dr. Fontaine’s area of interests include biomechanics, especially related to locomotion and human movement.
- Teaching Assistant Professor, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ (2015 – present)
- Adjunct Professor, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ (2011 – 2015)
- Coordinator, E 120 Engineering Graphics (2016 – present)
- Member, American Society of Engineering Education (2016 – present)
- Kwan, M. and Rasmussen, J. (2011). "Linking badminton racket design and performance through motion capture", Computer Aided Medical Engineering, 1 (2), 13-18.
- Kwan, M., Andersen, M. S., Cheng, C.-L., Tang, W.-T., and Rasmussen, J. (2011). "Investigation of high-speed badminton racket kinematics by motion capture", Sports Engineering, (13), 57-63.
- Kwan, M., Cheng, C.-L., Tang, W.-T., and Rasmussen, J. (2010). "Measurement of badminton racket deflection during a stroke", Sports Engineering, (12), 143-153.
- Kwan, M. and Rasmussen, J. (2010). "The importance of being elastic: Deflection of a badminton racket during a stroke", Journal of Sports Sciences, (28), 505-511.
- Rasmussen, J., Kwan, M., Andersen, M.S., and de Zee, M. (2010). "Analysis of segment energy transfer using musculoskeletal models in a high speed badminton stroke", 9th International Symposium of Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering.
- Kwan, M., Cheng, C.-L., Tang, W.-T., and Rasmussen, J. (2009). "Measuring kinematics of a badminton racket using strain gages", F. Alam, L. V. Smith, A. Subic, F. K. Fuss and S. Ujihashi, The Impact of Technology on Sport III. 233-237.
- Andersen, M.S., Kwan, M., Damsgaard, M., and Rasmussen, J. (2009). "Application of an optimization-based method for the kinematic analysis of a badminton stroke from motion capture data", Proceedings of 2008 ASME Summer Bioengineering Conference: CD-ROM Proceedings. Lieber, B., Vorp, D. A., Debski, R. E. & Akkus, O, American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- ME 225 Dynamics
- ME 322 Engineering Design VI
- ME 358 Machine Dynamics and Mechanisms
- E 120 Engineering Graphics
- E 126 Mechanics of Solids