Dr. Biruk Gebre
- PhD (2018), Stevens Institute of Technology
- Master of Engineering(2009), Stevens Institute of Technology
- Bachelors of Engineering (2006), Stevens Institute of Technology
Areas of interest include:
- Novel modes of mobility for unmanned ground robots
- Real-time communication and control for remotely operated robotics systems
- HRI and UI design for mobile remote presence systems
- IEEE Sensors Journal, Reviewer
- Journal of Field Robotics (JFR), Reviewer
- Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems (JIRS), Reviewer
- MDPI Sensors Journal, Reviewer
Honors & Awards
- 2016 Stevens Employee Recognition Award for Technology at our Core
- 2013 National Academy of Inventors Inductee
- Session Best paper Award, CCCT 2007
- Stevens Mechanical Engineering Senior Design Award 2006
- 2005 Technogenesis® Summer Scholar
- Stevens Presidential Scholarship (2002 – 2006)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Member
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Member
- New York Academy of Sciences (NYAS), Member
- National Academy of Inventors (NAI), Member
Patents & Inventions
- Pochiraju, K.V., Men, H. and Gebre, B.A., Stevens Institute of Technology, 2016. Adaptive mechanism control and scanner positioning for improved three-dimensional laser scanning. U.S. Patent 9,322,646.
- Pochiraju, K., Gebre, B. and Men, H., Stevens Institute of Technology, 2013. Method and apparatus for adaptive transmission of sensor data with latency controls. U.S. Patent 8,462,681.
- Gebre B.A., Pochiraju K.V.. (Oct 2019). "Machine Learning Aided Design and Analysis of a Novel Magnetically Coupled Ball Drive", IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronic, IEEE. 24 (5), 1942-1953.
- Gebre B. A. & Pochiraju K.. (2018). "Modeling and machine learning aided analysis of a claw-less magnetically coupled ball drive design", ASME 2018 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference IDETC/CIE 2018.
- Gebre B. A. & Pochiraju K.. (2017). "Ball Drive Configurations and Kinematics for Holonomic Ground Mobility", ASME 2017 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition IMECE 2017.
- Gebre B.A.; Ryter Z.; Humpreys, S.R.; Ginsberg, S.M.; Farrell, S.P.; Kauffman, A.; Capon, W.; Robbins, W.; Pochiraju K.. (2014). "A multi-ball drive for omnidirectional mobility", IEEE International Conference onTechnologies for Practical Robot Applications TePRA 2014, .
- Men, H.; Gebre B. A; Pochiraju K.. (2011). "Color point cloud registration with 4D ICP algorithm", IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, ICRA 2011.
- Gebre B. A; Men, H.; Pochiraju K.. (2009). "Remotely Operated and Autonomous Mapping System (ROAMS)", IEEE International Conference on Technologies for Practical Robot Applications, TePRA 2009.
- Guo, L.; Gebre, B.A.; Pochiraju, K.. (2009). "Parameter Estimation of Acoustic Signals Using Linear Microphone Arrays", IEEE Sarnoff Symposium, SARNOFF '09.
- Jang, S.; Du S.; Li, D.; Pinilla N.; Gebre B.A.; Pochiraju K.; Manoochehri, S.;. (2009). "Electrothermal Analysis of Micro/Nanowire Initiators for Energy Production Applications", Power MEMS 2009.
- ME 322 Engineering Design VI
- ME 423 Engineering Design VII
- ME 424 Engineering Design VIII
- E 120 Engineering Graphics
- ME 565 Introduction to Additive Manufacturing