- Ph.D. in Engineering Science, National Center for Computational Hydroscience and Engineering, Univeristy of Mississippi (Olemiss)
- M.S. in Civil-water Engineering, University of Tabriz
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Azad University of Tehran (Central Branch)
Flood hazard assessment, nature-based flood mitigation, hurricane storm surge, wave setup, wave-current interaction, coastal circulation, dam/levee brea/breach flow, river morphodynamic, sediment transport.
2016-2018, Associate Research Scholar, Princeton University
2014-2016, Postdoctoral Scientist, Stevens Institute of Technology
2009-2014, PhD student and research assistant/associate, Universiy of Mississippi
- Marsooli, R., and N. Lin. (2018). "Numerical Modeling of Historical Storm Tides and Waves and Their Interactions Along the U.S. East and Gulf Coasts", Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans. 123 (5), 3844-3874.
- Xian, S., Feng, K., Lin, N., Marsooli, R., Chavas, D., Chen, J., and Hatzikyriakou, A.. (2018). "Brief communication: Rapid assessment of damaged residential buildings in the Florida Keys after Hurricane Irma", Natural Hazards & Earth System Sciences. 18 2041-2045.
- Marsooli, R., P.M. Orton, J. Fitzpatrick, and H. Smith. (2018). "Residence Time of a Highly Urbanized Estuary: Jamaica Bay, New York", Journal of Marine Science and Engineering. 6 (44).
- Bakhtyar, R., P.M. Orton, R. Marsooli, and J.K. Miller. (2018). "Rapid wave modeling of severe historical extratropical cyclones off the Northeastern United States", Ocean Engineering. 159 315-332.
- Marsooli, R., P.M. Orton, and G.L. Mellor. (2017). "Modeling Wave Attenuation by Salt Marshes in Jamaica Bay, New York, Using a New Rapid Wave Model", Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans. 122 (7), 5689-5707.
- Marsooli, R., P.M. Orton, G.L. Mellor, N. Georgas, and A.F. Blumberg. (2017). "A Coupled Circulation-Wave Model for Numerical Simulation of Storm Tides and Waves", Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology. 34 1449-1467.
- Marsooli, R., P.M. Orton, N. Georgas, and A.F. Blumberg. (2016). "Three-Dimensional Hydrodynamic Modeling of Coastal Flood Mitigation by Wetlands", Coastal Engineering. 111 83-94.
- Marsooli, R., and W. Wu. (2016). "Closure to "Three-Dimensional Numerical Modeling of Dam-Break Flows with Sediment Transport over Movable Beds"", Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. 142 (1).
- Marsooli, R., and W. Wu. (2015). "3D Numerical Modeling of Dam-Break Flows with Sediment Transport over Movable Beds", Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. 141 (1).
- Marsooli, R., and W. Wu. (2014). "Numerical Investigation of Wave Attenuation by Vegetation Using a 3D RANS Model", Advances in Water Resources. 74 245-257.
- Marsooli, R., and W. Wu. (2014). "3D Finite-Volume Model of Dam-Break Flow over Uneven Beds Based on VOF Method", Advances in Water Resources. 70 104-117 .
- Wu, W., and R. Marsooli. (2012). "A Depth-Averaged 2D Shallow Water Model for Breaking and Non-Breaking Long Waves Affected by Rigid Vegetation", Journal of Hydraulic Research. 50 (6), 558-575.
- Wu, W., R. Marsooli, and Z. He. (2012). "Depth-Averaged Two-Dimensional Model of Unsteady Flow and Sediment Transport due to Noncohesive Embankment Break/Breaching", Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. 138 (6).
- OE 511 Urban Oceanography