Dr. Valentina Prigiobbe
- Ph.D., Mechanical and Process Engineering, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich).
- Ph.D., Environmental Engineering, Universita' di Roma at Tor Vergata.
- B.S. + M.S. (with honors), Environmental and Territorial Engineering, Universita' di Roma at Tor Vergata.
- Flow and transport in reactive porous media.
- Functionalized magnetic nanoparticles.
- Groundwater modeling.
- Mathematical modeling.
- 2015-current. Assistant Professor in Tenure-Track, Stevens Institute of Technology.
- 2014. Associate Researcher, Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin.
- 2010-2013. Post-doc, Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin.
- 2010. Visiting Scholar, Energy Resources Engineering, Stanford University.
- 2003. Visiting Scholar, EAWAG.
American Chemical Society, American Geophysical Society, Association of Environmetal Engineering and Science Professors, and Interpore.
- Zhang, D., Zabarankin, M. and Prigiobbe, V. (2019). "Modeling salinity-dependent transport of viruses in porous media", In press in Advances in Water Resources., Link .
- Li, Q. and Prigiobbe, V. (2019). "Modeling nanoparticle transport in porous media in the presence of a foam", Transport in porous media. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11242-019-01235-9, Link .
- Liu, T., Su, X., and Prigiobbe, V. (2018). "Groundwater-sewer interaction in urban coastal areas", In press in Water, Link .
- Qiantao Shi, George E. Sterbinsky, Valentina Prigiobbe, Xiaoguang Meng. (2018). "Mechanistic study of lead adsorption on activated carbon", Langmuir, Link .
- Qingjian Li and Valentina Prigiobbe. (2018). "Numerical simulations of the migration of fine particles through porous media", Transport in Porous Media, Link .
- Zi Ye and Valentina Prigiobbe. (2018). "Effect of ionic strength on barium transport in porous media", Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, 209, 24-32, Link .
- Valentina Prigiobbe. (2018). "Estimation of nucleation and growth parameters from in situ Raman spectroscopy in carbonate systems", Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering, 6 (1), 930-936, Link .
- Qing Wang, Valentina Prigiobbe, Chun Huh, and Steven L. Bryant (2017). "Alkaline Earth-element adsorption onto PAA-coated magnetic nanoparticles", Energies, 223 (10), 1-15. Link .
- Saebom Ko, Valentina Prigiobbe, Chun Hu, Steven L. Bryant, and Martin V. Bennetzen. (2016). "Accelerated oil droplet separation from produced water using magnetic nanoparticles", in press in SPE Production & Operations.
- Valentina Prigiobbe, Andrew J. Worthen, Keith P. Johnston, Chun Huh, and Steven L. Bryant. (2016). "Transport of nanoparticle−stabilized CO2−foam in porous media", Transport in Porous Media, 111 (1), 265−285. Link .
- Valentina Prigiobbe, Saebom Ko, Chun Hu, and Steven L. Bryant. (2015). "Measuring and modeling the magnetic settling of superparamagnetic nanoparticle dispersions", Journal of Colloid and Interface Science 447C 58-67, Link .
- Valentina Prigiobbe and Steven L. Bryant. (2014). "pH-dependent transport of metal cations in porous media", Environmental Science & Technology, 7 (48), 3752−3759. Link .
- Valentina Prigiobbe, Marc A. Hesse, and Steven L. Bryant. (2013). "Hyperbolic Theory for Flow in Permeable Media with pH-Dependent Adsorption", SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics, 5 (73), 1941−1957. Link .
- Valentina Prigiobbe, Ana Suarez Negreira, and Jennifer Wilcox. (2013). "Interaction between Olivine and Water Based on Density Functional Theory Calculations", The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, (117), 21203−21216. Link .
- Valentina Prigiobbe, Marc A. Hesse, and Steven L. Bryant. (2012). "Fast strontium transport induced by hydrodynamic dispersion and pH-dependent sorption", Geophysical Research Letters, 39 L18401. Link .
- Valentina Prigiobbe, Marc A. Hesse, and Steven L. Bryant. (2012). "Anomalous Reactive Transport in the Framework of the Theory of Chromatography", Transport in Porous Media. (93), 127−145. Link .
- Valentina Prigiobbe and Marco Mazzotti. (2011). "Dissolution of olivine in the presence of oxalate, citrate, and CO2 at 90 degree and 120 degree", Chemical Engineering Science, (66), 6544−6554. Link .
- Valentina Prigiobbe and Mario Giulianelli. (2007). "Quantification of sewer system infiltration using delta18O hydrograph separation", Water Science & Technology. 60 (3), 727−735. Link .
- Chun Huh, Hugh Daigle, Valentina Prigiobbe, and Masa Prodanovic. (2019). Practical Nanotechnology for Petroleum Engineers, CRC Press.
- Valentina Prigiobbe and Mario Giulianelli. (2010). "Tests and field applications of methods in Italy", in Assessing Infiltration and Exfiltration on the Performance of Urban Sewer Systems, Eds. Bryan Ellis and Jean−Luc Bertrand−Krajewski, IWA publishing. Link .
- Valentina Prigiobbe, Marc A. Hesse, and Steven L. Bryant. (2014). "Breaking waves", International Innovation, (163), 34−36. Download Link .
- CE 483 Geotechnical Engineering
- EN 686 Groundwater Hydrology and Pollution