Dr. Eric Williams
- Virginia Tech: Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering; Dissertation: The Development of Actuators for the Whole Skin Locomotion Robot
- Virginia Tech: Future Professoriate Graduate Certificate; Courses: Contemporary Pedagogy, Preparing the Future Professoriate, Global Perspectives
- University of Toledo: Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering; Master Thesis: Development of a Shape Memory Alloy Actuator for Mirror Positioning
- University of Toledo: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering; Senior Design Project: Handicap Accessible Wheelchair Weight Scale; ASME Undergraduate Design Team Leader: Bulk Material Transporter
- Secretary: Graduate Student Assembly (Aug. 2009 - May 2010)
- Mentor: ”Fabrication of Shape Memory Alloy Composites”, Independent Study (Jan. 2010 - May 2010)
- Mentor: ”Shape Memory Alloy Composites”, NSF REU (May 2009 - August 2009)
- Mentor: ”Robotic Hand using SMAs”, Toledo Technology Academy (Oct. 2006 - May 2007)
- President: Engineering Graduate Student Association (Aug. 2006 - May 2007)
- Vice President: ASME Student Section (Spring, 2005)
- Spring 2015 Instructor: E234 Thermodynamics, ME354 Heat Transfer
- Fall 2014 Instructor: E126 Mechanics of Solids, ME354 Heat Transfer
- Fall/Spring 2012-2013 Instructor: Mechanical Design 1 (Virginia Tech)
- Spring 2010 Instructor: Engineering Design and Economics (Virginia Tech)
Honors & Awards
- Paul E. Torgersen Chair: College of Engineering Graduate Student Committee (Aug. 2008 - May 2011)
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award for College Service (Fall, 2006)
- Williams, E.A. and Shaw, G. and Elahinia, M. H.. (Jul 2010). "Control of a an Automotive SMA Actuator", Journal of Mechatronics, 20 527-534.
- Williams, E.A. and Elahinia, M. H.. (Dec 2008). "An Automotive SMA Mirror Actuator: Design and Experimental Evaluation", Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, 19 1425-1434.
- Williams, E. and Hong, D. H.. (2009). "Development of a Shape Memory Alloy Composite Actuator for the Whole Skin Locomotion Robot", Proceedings from the 2009 ASME Conference on Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems.
- Williams, E. and Elahinia, M. H.. (2007). "Controller Development for an Automotive Shape Memory Alloy Actuator", Proceedings from the 2007 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exhibition.
- Williams, E. and Elahinia, M. H.. (2007). "Modeling and Simulations of a Two-Degree-of-Freedom SMA Actuator for Mirror Positioning", Proceedings from the International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exhibition, Chicago, IL.
- Williams, E. and Elahinia, M. H.. (Feb 26, 2006). "Design of a Two Degree of Freedom Shape Memory Alloy Actuator for Mirror Positioning", Proceedings from the SPIE-NDE Conference, San Diego, CA.
- Williams, E. and Elahinia, M. H. and Koo, J. H.. (Nov 7, 2005). "Control of a Tuned Vibration Absorber Based on SMA wires", Proceedings of 2005 IMECE, Orlando, FL.
- ME 322 Engineering Design VI
- ME 354 Heat Transfer
- ME 361 Design of Machine Components
- ME 423 Engineering Design VII
- ME 424 Engineering Design VIII
- ME 658 Advanced Mechanics of Solids
- E 126 Mechanics of Solids
- E 234 Thermodynamics