Dr. Ye Yang
Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA 2001-2006
• Thesis title: Composable Processes for Developing Software Systems from Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Products
• Advisor: Barry W. Boehm
M.E., Software Engineering, Institute of Software Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China 1998-2001
• Thesis: Research on Software Outsourcing Management based on Virtual Organization
• Advisor: Mingshu Li
B.S., first major: Computer Science, second major: Economics, Peking University, Beijing, China 1994-1998
- Empirical Software Engineering
- Software Processes
- Software/System Cost Estimation
- COTS, open source, Crowdsourcing
Dr. Ye Yang joined the Stevens Institute of Technology in 2014. She received her Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Southern California in 2006. Her research lies in the area of empirical software engineering including software cost estimation, defect prediction, and software process modeling methods, as well as promoting the development and transferring of research prototype toolkits in software industry. Before joining Stevens, she was a Associate Professor/Professor at the Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences (ISCAS). Her research has been funded by a number of Chinese national research programs including the Ministry of Education, NSFC, 863/973, HeGaoJi, CAS Innovation Promotion Program, as well as industry collaborators.
She has co-edited two conference proceedings, published over 60 research papers, and some of them won Best Research Paper Awards at International Conference on Predictive Models in Software Engineering, Evaluation of Novel Approaches to Software Engineering, Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, and Conference of the International Society of Parametric Analysts. She has served as Program co-Chairs for ICSP 2010, Steering Committee member for PROMISE 2012-2013, and Program Committee member for a number of international conferences including ASE, ICSE SEIP, ESEM, APSEC, etc. She is a member of the editorial board of Journal of Cost Analysis and Parametrics and Journal of Software (Chinese).
Associate Professor, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ 2014
Associate Professor/Professor, Institute of Software Chinese Academy of Sciences (ISCAS), Beijing, China 2007-2013
Software Engineer, IBM Rational Software Group, San Jose, CA 2006-2007
Editorial Board Member
Journal of Cost Analysis and Parametrics
Journal of Software (Chinese)
Steering Committee Member
2012&2013 Conference on Predictive Models for Software Engineering (PROMISE’12&’13)
2011&2012 International Workshop on Evidential Assessment of SoftwareTechnologies (EAST’11&’12)
2010 International Conference on Software Processes (ICSP 2010)
2014 International Symposium on Empirical Software Engineering and Measurement (ESEM)
2013 International Conference on Software Engineering SEIP Track
International Conference of Automated Software Engineering 2012 (ASE’12)
2011&2012 Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference (APSEC’11&’12)
2011 International Conference on Software Engineering SEIP Track
International Conference on Software Process 2007-2013
IEEE International Conference on COTS (Composition)-Based Software Systems (ICCBSS) 2007-2009
Software Process Workshop 2005-2006
International Forum on COCOMO II and Software Cost Modeling 2003-2013
Publicity co-chair for 2014 International Conference on Requirement Engineering (RE’14)
- Ke Mao, Ye Yang, Mingshu Li and Mark Harman: Pricing Crowdsourcing-based Software Development Tasks. ICSE 2013 NIER Track.
- Dong Li, Ye Yang: Enhance Value by Building Trustworthy Software-Reliant System of Systems from Software Product Lines. PLEASE 2012.
- Hao Zhong, Ye Yang, Jacky W. Keung: Assessing the Representativeness of Open Source Projects in Empirical Software Engineering Studies. APSEC 2012: 808-817.
- Ye Yang, Lang Xie, Zhimin He, Qi Li, Vu Nguyen, Barry W. Boehm, Ricardo Valerdi: Local bias and its impacts on the performance of parametric estimation models. PROMISE 2011: 14.
- Ye Yang, Qing Wang, Mingshu Li: Process Trustworthiness as a Capability Indicator for Measuring and Improving Software Trustworthiness. ICSP 2009: 389-401.
- Ye Yang, Mei He, Mingshu Li, Qing Wang, Barry Boehm: Phase distribution of software development effort. ESEM 2008: 61-69.
- Y. Yang, B. Boehm, B. Clark: "Assessing COTS Integration Risks Using Cost Estimation Inputs", in Proceedings of 2006 International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE-06), Shanghai, China, May 20-28, 2006. pp431-438.
- Y. Yang, B. Boehm, D. Wu: "COCOTS Risk Analyzer", in Proceedings of 2006 International Conference on COTS-Based Software Systems (ICCBSS'04), Orlando, FL, USA, Feb. 13-17, 2006. pp144-151.
- Y. Yang, J. Bhuta, D. Port, B. Boehm. (Jul 2005). "Value-Based Processes for COTS-Based Development", IEEE Software. 54-62.
- Wen Zhang, Ye Yang, Qing Wang. (2012). "A Comparative Study of absent Features and Unobserved Values in Software Effort Data", International Journal of Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering. 4. : . 22(2): 185-202. 2012. 2 (22), 185-202.
- He Zhimin, Shu Fengdi, Yang Ye, Li Mingshu, Wang Qing. (2012). "An Investigation On The Feasibility Of Cross-project Defect Prediction", Journal of Automated Software Engineering. 2 (19), 167-199.
- Ye Yang, Zhimin He, Ke Mao, Qi Li, Vu Nguyen, Barry W. Boehm, Ricardo Valerdi. (2013). "Analyzing and Handling Local Bias for Calibrating Parametric Estimation Models", Journal of Information Science and Technology.
- Wen Zhang, Ye Yang, Qing Wang. (2004). "Using Bayesian regression and EM algorithm with missing handling for software effort prediction", Journal of Information Science and Technology.
- Y. Yang, B. Boehm: Optimizing Process Decision in COTS-Based Development Via Risk Based Prioritization. SPW/ProSim 2006: pp. 64-71.
- SSW 533 Cost Estimation and Metrics