Ph.D. in Physics (1998), Imperial College London, UK
Postdoctoral Researcher in Quantum Open Systems (1998-1999), University of Geveva, Switzerland
My research interests are in quantum information science, quantum physics and quantum technology including:
- Entanglement and decoherence of quantum nanodevices such as quantum dots and superconducting qubits
- Continuous quantum measurement and quantum feedback control
- Entanglement and its applications in quantum metrology and precision detection technology
- Quantum coherence dynamics of atomic, molecular and optical systems
- Theoretical modeling and simulation of complex quantum systems
- Non-Markovian quantum open systems and quantum trajectories
- Quantum phase transition, topological order and quantum topological computation
- Entanglement of many-body systems and quantum fields.
OSA Conference Program Chair: Workshop on Entanglement and Quantum Decoherence (EQD), January 28-30, 2008, Nara, Japan
Conference Program co-Chair: Workshop on Entanglement and Quantum Control (EQC), June 7-10, 2010, Qufu, China
Organizor: Stevens Symposium on Quantum Open System: May.5-May.6, 2012
Conference Chair: The 3rd International Workshop on Entanglement, Decoherence and Quantum Control (EDQC), June 12-14, 2012, Shanghai, China
Co-Chair (with Prof. Xuedong Hu): The 4th International Workshop on Entanglement, Decoherence and Quantum Control (EDQC), October 22-24, 2014, Buffalo, NY, USA
Scientific Report (Editorial number in quantum physics)
Journal of Atomic and Molecular Sciences (Associate Editor)
American Physical Society (APS), member
Optical Society of America (OSA), member
PI, USA NSF grant (Funded since 2008), Theory of Quantum Dynamics of AMO Systems
PI, USA DARPA grant (Funded since 2009)
- Jun Jing, Xinyu Zhao, J. Q. You, and Ting Yu. "Time-local quantum-state-diffusion equation for multilevel quantum systems", Phys. Rev. A 85, 042106 (2012).
- Xinyu Zhao, Wufu Shi, Lian-Ao Wu, and Ting Yu. "Fermionic stochastic Schrödinger equation and master equation: An open-system model", Phys. Rev. A 86, 032116 (2012).
- Zhao-Ming Wang, Lian-Ao Wu, Jun Jing, Bin Shao, and Ting Yu. "Nonperturbative dynamical decoupling control: A spin-chain model", Phys. Rev. A 86, 032303(2012).
- J. Jing, L.-A. Wu, J. Q. You, and T. Yu. "Feshbach projection-operator partitioning for quantum open systems: Stochastic approach", Physical Review A , 85, 032123 (2012).
- Curtis J. Broadbent, Jun Jing, Ting Yu, Joseph H. Eberly. "Solving non-Markovian open quantum systems with multi-channel reservoir coupling", Annals of Physics 327, 1962 (2012).
- X. Zhao, J. Jing, B. Corn, and T. Yu. "Dynamics of interacting qubits coupled to a common bath: Non-Markovian quantum-state-diffusion approach", Physical Review A 84, 032101 (2011).
- J. Jing and T. Yu. "Non-Markovian Relaxation of a Three-Level System: Quantum Trajectory Approach ", Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 240403 (2010).
- T. Yu and J. H. Eberly. "Sudden Death of Entanglement", Science 323, 598 (2009).
- C. H. Chou, T. Yu, and B. L. Hu. " Exact master equation and quantum decoherence of two coupled harmonic oscillators in a general environment", Phys. Rev. E 77, 011112 (2008).
- J. H. Eberly and T. Yu. "The End of an Entanglement", Science 316, 555 (2007).
- T. Yu and J. H. Eberly. "Quantum open system theory: Bipartite aspects", Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 140403 (2006).
- T. Yu. "Non-Markovian quantum trajectories versus master equations: Finite temperature heat bath", Phys. Rev. A 69, 062107 (2004).
- W. T. Strunz and T. Yu. "Convolutionless Non-Markovian master equations and quantum trajectories: Brownian motion", Phys. Rev. A 69 052115 (2004).
- T. Yu and J. H. Eberly. "Finite-time disentanglement via spontaneous emission", Phys. Rev. Lett. 93, 140404 (2004).
- T. Yu and J. H. Eberly. "Qubits disentanglement via dephasing", Phys. Rev. B 68, 165322 (2003).
- T. Yu and J. H. Eberly. "Phonon decoherence of quantum entanglement: Robust and fragile states", Phys. Rev. B 66, 193306 (2002).
- PEP 187 Seminar in Physical Science I
- PEP 554 Quantum Mechanics II
- PEP 653 Quantum Mechanics II
- PEP 680 Quantum Optics
- PEP 800 Special Topics in Physics (MS)
- PEP 801 Special Topics in Physics (PhD)
- PEP 810 Special Topics in Physics and Engineering Physics A participating seminar on topics of current interest and importance in Physics and Engineering Physics