|May 26, 2010 |
Stevens Institute of Technology Launches iPhone App
Now available for download in the App Store, the free Stevens App gives iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad users access to the latest news, sports schedules, weather, videos and more. Current students, faculty and staff members, as well as alumni, parents and prospective students can connect to Stevens via the app. Currently, more than 70% of all non-Stevens IP traffic from mobile devices to Stevens sites come from iPhone, iPod and iPad.
Preview the Stevens iPhone Application now: Click here
Developed in partnership with Straxis Technology, the Stevens app includes:
- Campus News - The latest headlines from University News, Academic News and Athletics
- Athletics - Stories, scores and more on the Ducks
- Events - Upcoming campus events and other events of interest to the Stevens community
- Polls - Share your favorite things about Stevens
- Checklists - To-do lists for Undergraduate and Graduate applicants
- Campus Map - Find campus buildings and explore campus
- Multimedia - Campus photos to use as wallpaper and the Stevens YouTube channel – EdwinAStevens70
- Weather - Current conditions and the seven-day forecast.
- And much more…
"Being able to get news and share on mobile devices is an exciting step for the Stevens community and our communications plan during our 140th anniversary," says Michael Schinelli, AVP of Graduate Marketing and Communications. "This App streams real-time information from sites across our University. After you download the app, connect with us on Facebook, become a fan, and tell us what you think of the app and any additional functionality you'd like to see."