Click to enlarge
December 7, 2009 12.07.09 E2 - Energy Technology Conference & Networking Reception
E2 - Energy Technology Conference & Networking Reception
Monday, December 7th, 2009
Conference 2:00 pm to 6:30 pm
Networking Reception 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Venue: NYC Accelerator for aClean & Renewable Economy (NYC ACRE)
Location: 160 Varick Street, New York, NY
RSVP Online: http://www.stevens.edu/entrepreneurship/e2lab/form.php
Registration - Welcome
Welcoming Remarks & Presentation of E2 Project Overview - Kurt H. Becker, PhD, Associate Provost, NYU-Poly
Key Note: 'Smart Grid Technologies; Issues and Opportunities in Transmission and Distribution' - Guru Nadkarni, VP Strategic Planning Con Edison
Technology Pitches - Academia
- "Universal Controller for Interconnection of Distributed Generators with the Utility Lines at Customer Level Voltages"
- "Analysis of Secondary Networks having Distributed Generation Systems"
- "Evaluation of Three-Phase Bolted Short-Circuits on Distribution Networks having Customers' Distributed Generators"
- "CALM Electric offering products and services in computer-aided lean management and smart grid development"
Technology Pitches - Entrepreneurs from Start-Up Companies
- Greenlet Technologies - Itai Karelic
- EnergyHub - Dave Wechsler
- GreenFunnel Systems
- ThinkEco - Jun Shimada
Panel Session - Feedback on the Technology Pitches
Discussion with Audience Participation
Moderated by Katherine Hamilton, President GridWise Alliance
- Mario M. Casabona - Casabona Ventures
- Mark Torpe Clean Energy Research and Market Development NYSERDA
- Florence Henderson, Corporate Strategy IBM
- David Kirkpatrick, Managing Director SJF Ventures
- Mike Holman Ph.D, Research Director Lux Research
- Hors D'oeuvres and cocktails