The NJAEE is developing and implementing a 9-credit graduate certificate program Teaching and Learning in STEM Disciplines. The coursework is customized for the GK-12 Fellows and available for high school teachers participating in the NJAEE GK-12 program. The certificate will also be available for all interested graduate students not directly funded by the NJAEE.
Requirements for the Teaching and Learning in STEM Disciplines graduate certificate include:
- Satisfactory completion of three courses:
- Innovations in Teaching (CURR 522) currently offered through Montclair State University
- Pedagogy: The Art and Science of Teaching and Learning (EDCO 803) currently offered through Montclair State University
- The Communicating Engineering (E 5xx) course at Stevens
- One semester practicum in a K-12 classroom
- Development and delivery of a K-12 module on engineering research