The Mathematics Immersion Program (MIP) is a three-week summer residential program conducted each summer at Stevens Institute of Technology, and traditionally runs for three weeks in the month of July. MIP is open to undergraduates who are current participants in an EOF program at any New Jersey two year or four year college or university.
The Mathematics Immersion Program (MIP) has two primary goals:
The MIP three-week summer residential program includes the following features:
- To encourage students to pursue more advanced courses in mathematics.
- To help students gain more confidence in their ability to succeed in technology majors.
- Academic instruction from outstanding faculty from Stevens and other local colleges and universities
- Personalized attention from faculty, staff and tutors
- A tailored program of mathematics instruction emphasizing concepts and their application to real life situations
- Preparation for calculus and other higher-level math courses
- Educational and cultural experiences to aid in students holistic development
- A career project in which students explore how mathematics may be used in their major and/or proposed career