Wimba is a leading provider of collaborative learning software solutions and services to the Further/Higher Education and K-12 markets. Wimba’s Publishing Services and Solutions are widely adopted in academic publishing.
Wimba Pronto is the only instant messaging system designed for educators to advance and promote learning. Wimba Pronto includes unique features to specifically benefit students, teachers, and educational institutions including:
- Blended Audio and Video Conferencing
- Application Sharing
- State-of-the-art Whiteboard
- Queued Chat for Tutoring and Office Hours
- Automatic Population of Classmates and Courses
- Instant Access to Campus Services
- Instant School-Wide Notifications
- Universal Accessibility
- Spanish Language Preference
For more information visit the Wimba Pronto Product page.
Wimba Pronto Installation
Login to eLearn
Visit www.stevens.edu/elearn and login to view your classes. Click on the channels link in the top right corner of the page as shown below.
Add External Courses Channel
Check the box next to "External Courses" and Save as shown below.
eLearn will now have a new section on your main page called "External Courses" with a link to Wimba Pronto. Click this link.
Signup for Wimba
Your pipeline username should carry over from eLearn into the first field. Fill out this form and Submit. You should receive an email confirmation. Click the link in this email to activate your account.
Download Wimba Pronto
When you activate your account from the email confirmation, it will bring you to a page with the following button to download Wimba Pronto.
After downloading Wimba Pronto from the step above, run the installer. You can now use Wimba Pronto.
Discussion & Interaction
- Break-Out Rooms
- Public and Private Chat
- Follow-The-Speaker Video
- Multi-way Video and Audio (Voice over IP)
- Presenter On-The-Fly
- Polls, Quizzes & Surveys
Instruction & Reinforcement
- Robust Electronic Whiteboard
- Application Sharing
- Flexible Content Area
- Content Upload and Storage
- Auto-populated Participant List
- Usage Insight
- Full-Featured Classroom Archiving
Convenient & Easy-to-Use
- Telephone Access
- MP3 and MP4 Downloads
- Technology Appropriate for Online Education
- Accessible to the Impaired
- Seamless CMS Integration
- Robust, 24 x 7 Technical Support from Wimba
Using Wimba Classroom With eLearn
The following link is a video tutorial on "How to add Wimba Classroom to your eLearn course". http://www.wimba.com/assets/videos/Add_Classroom_Vista_custom/Add_Classroom_Vista_custom.htm