VPN on Linux - Tunnel All Traffic
Who can use this?
You must have a Windows Campus domain login to use the VPN server.
All Staff, faculty and undergraduates students have a Windows Campus domain accountautomatically created. Graduate students must request an account be created. Please refer to the Campus Domain Account page for instruction on how to automatically request an account.
- This documentation is based on Network-Manager 0.7.0 running on Ubuntu 8.10
Step 1: Install vpnc support for Network Manager
- Open the terminal and type:
sudo apt-get install network-manager-vpnc
- once the install has been completed, type:
sudo NetworkManager restart
Step 2: Open the Network Manager
- left-click on the Network Manager icon (on the top right corner of the screen) and scroll down to where it says VPN Connections. Select Configure VPN
Step 3: Add a VPN Conencton
- On the VPN tab, select 'Add
Step 4: Choose the VPN Connection Type
- Select Cisco Compatible VPN (vpnc) and click Create
Step 5: Enter the System Information
- Enter the following information:
- Connection Name: Stevens VPN Tunnel All Traffic
- Gateway: vpn.stevens.edu
- Group Name: CiscoClient
- User Password: Your Campus Domain Password
- Group Password: SITvpn
- User Name: Your Campus Domain User Name
- Domain: CAMPUS
- change the box next to NAT Traversal to Disabled
- click OK
Step 6: Start the Connection
- Left-click on the Network Manager again and go down to VPN Connections. This time, select Stevens VPN Tunnel All Traffic
- You may be prompted to allow access to your keyring, click Allow if prompted.