Troubleshooting Mac OS X Snow Leopard 802.1x
Campus Domain Account Required
A Campus Domain Account is required to access some services on this page. To change or reset your password, use the Stevens Password Service.
Graduate students do not have campus domain accounts created automatically and MUST REQUEST ONE.
Who can use this?
You must have a campus domain account in order to connect to the Stevens wireless network.
Campus Domain Accounts for Graduate Students
Graduate students do not have Campus Domain Accounts created automatically and MUST REQUEST ONE.
Only graduate students who are currently enrolled in a course are eligible for a campus domain account.
Troubleshooting and Repairing Wireless 802.1x in OS X Snow Leopard
Step 1: Open Network Preferences
Open your Network Preferences and make sure that you are disconnected from any wireless network that you may be connected to.
Step 2: Find Utilities
In your Applications folder, locate the Utilities folder.
Step 3: Find Keychain Access
In the Utilities folder, locate Keychain Access.
Step 4: Delete the cached password
In Keychain Assistant, locate and delete the item titled WPA: Stevens Student.
Step 5: Quit Keychain Access
You can now quit Keychain Access.
Step 6: Go into Advanced Settings
Open your network preferences and select the Advanced button located in the bottom right corner.
Step 7: Check the TCP/IP settings
Under the TCP/IP tab, make sure that where it says Configure IPv4 you have selected Using DHCP. Also, make sure that where it says Configure IPv6 you have selected Automatically.
Step 8: Delete your old Wireless Profile
Click on the 802.1x tab. Select the WPA: Stevens Student profile that is listed under User Profiles. Delete this profile by selecting the - sign located at the bottom of the User Profile list.
Step 9: Add a new Wireless Profile
Select the + sign and select Add User Profile.
Step 10: Configure the new Wireless Profile
- Title the profile WPA2: Stevens Student.
- In the User Name feild, type in you stevens username.
- Note that your username should be a max of 8 charecters and should not be confused with your Stevens email address, which is in the form email@example.com
- In the password field, enter your Campus Domain Password. It is imperative that you enter the correct password.
- In the Authentication list, make sure you select LEAP and PEAP.
- By default TTLS is selected. Make sure TTLS is unselected.
- Select Stevens Student from the Wireless Network drop down menu.
- Please note that in order for you to select Stevens Student, you will need to have your airport status powered on and you must be in range of the wireless network Stevens Student.
- Make sure tht WPA2 Enterprise is selected from the Security Type drop down menu.
Step 11: Accept
Click OK and then Apply
Step 12: Connect
Next to where it says 802.1X: WPA2: Stevens Student, select Connect.
Step 13: In case you still can not connect
If you have followed all of the instructions correctly, you should be able to connect to the wireless Stevens Student network. If you are still ubable to connect, you should contact the help desk.