Storage01 is the campus filesever. This machine contains all the user websites and web group files, providing a central location for Stevens users to store their files.
- All students are given 250 MB of storage space
- Accessible from on campus by Mapping A Network Drive and off-campus by ftp
- Contains licensed software available to members of the Stevens Community
- Stevens Users can create a website and backup files on Web Space On Storage01
The ms folder used to contain all Microsoft software and now contains all software available to a certain segment of users. The following people will be able to map and use this software:
- Undergraduate Students
This folder contains a number of software packages, including the following:
- Microsoft Office
- McAfee Virusscan
The public folder contains various publicly accessible programs, files, and software available to the Stevens community at large. Some of the software available includes:
- Matlab (available in \\storage01\public\ftp\pub directory)
Instructions are available for installing the Unix/Linux/Mac OSX version of Matlab.
You can access your 250 MB of storage space by Mapping A Network Drive to \\storage01\suser (where suser is your username).
How to Use
You can refer to storage01 as the following names (for instance when mapping a network drive):
- network name: storage01
- fully qualified domain name: storage01.stevens.edu
- ip address: 188.8.131.52