Solidworks License Server
These are the steps necessary to set up SolidWorks to communicate with the license server.
This software license server is for use only by undergraduate students and faculty teaching the undergraduate courses who require SolidWorks for their course work.
Step 1 - Open SolidNetWorks License Administrator
- From the Windows Start Menu, click on All Programs and then navigate to your version of SolidWorks.
- Here you will find SolidWorks Tools. This is where the SolidNetWorks License Administrator is located.
Step 2 - Add the License Server to the Server List
- In the SolidNetWorks License Administrator, click on the Server List tab at the top of the window. Click the Add button to add a server to that list.
- In the new window that appears, enter firstname.lastname@example.org into the text box and click OK.
Step 3 - Remove Previous Servers from the Server List
- On the Server List menu in the SolidNetWorks License Administrator, select any other servers which you are not using.
- With the unused servers highlighted, click Remove to remove those servers from the list.
- Once all of the other servers have been removed, click on the License Usage tab at the top of the SolidNetWorks License Administrator window.
- Ensure that the Server is set to the server corresponding to your version of Solidworks, then click OK to save these changes.
Using the Program from Off Campus
- In order to access SolidWorks from off campus, you will need to establish a VPN connection before running the program.