Removing Cached 802.1x Credentials
When you connect to a wireless 802.1x network at Stevens using Microsoft Windows, your computer saves your username and password. It does this so you don't have to log in each time you connect. This is known as "cached credentials." On a machine used by a single user, cached credentials do not present any problems. On a machine that is shared by multiple people, users should make sure to delete their cached credentials after they are finished using the machine to prevent someone else from using a username/password that does not belong to them. If you believe your credentials are cached on a machine that you no longer have access to, you can change your Stevens password by clicking here. This will make any existing cached credentials invalid, requiring you to enter in the new username/password combination on computers you own.
To remove 802.1x cached credentials in Windows please follow the appropriate directions below:
To remove cached 802.1x Wireless Credentials from a Windows XP machine please follow the directions in : Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 823731
To remove your MS-PEAP credentials from Windows 7, do the following:
- In the system tray on the bottom right of your screen, click on the Network and Sharing Center icon.
- Right-click on the wireless network you wish to remove cached credentials from.
- Select Properties from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Remove the check mark from the box labeled, "Remember my credentials for this connection each time I'm logged on. "
- Click OK.
To remove 802.1x cached credentials in OS X please follow the appropriate directions below:
- Open System Preferences.
- Click on the Network icon which is located in the row called Internet and Wireless.
- Make sure you have selected Airport in the menu on the left hand side.
- Click on the Advanced button which is located in the bottom right hand corner.
- Click on 802.1x in the top selection bar.
- Under User Profiles, select Stevens Student.
- Select the - button. The Stevens Student profile should disappear from the list.
- Click OK and Apply