MyStevens Tips And Hints
myStevens is a web application for reaching technology resources. One username and password connects you to multiple services.
- myStevens is the new Stevens portal for all campus resources
- nexus is the e-mail server used by Stevens
- storage01 is a server for personal file storage and web pages (It is NOT part of myStevens)
Getting Started Tips
- Log in the first time with your Stevens Username and the PIN provided to you by the Undergraduate or Graduate Admissions Office. Each person has only one account on myStevens. It is recommended you change your password using Password Services under "My Info" on the left hand side of the myStevens page.
- Look for Webmail by clicking the Webmail icon (Under Campus Services), then on Inbox.
- Instructors are offered a service to send a message to their class, underneath Campus Service is Targeted E-Mail.
- Click on eLearn to access the web component of your classes if one has been requested for it.
- Campus Announcements intended for students should be submitted to Student Life (e-mail email@example.com).
- Submit other announcements (for Stevens staff, faculty, or for the entire Institute) to the Print Shop via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following computer clients can be configured to manage your e-mail:
In addition, some phones can be set up for Stevens Email using the below guides:
- Use Settings to set your personal e-mail preferences.
- To keep copies of Sent messages, choose Options, Mail Preferences. (NOTE: By default, copies of Sent messages are NOT saved.)
- Auto Reply can be configured in the Message Center using the Email auto reply article.
- Auto Forward can be configured in the Message Center using the How To Forward Your Email To Another Account artilce.
- Under Settings you may change your Signature at the bottom of the page.
- By default, deleted messages are sent to the Deleted folder immediately, to automatically delete these messages, go to Settings and check Auto Delete Trash or Delete Trash On Logout.
- Webmail is where you can access Email.
- Managing your account payment and details about billing are located under eBilling.
- The icon for Duckbills will help you manage Duckbills at the Online Card Office.
- Technical problems or advice can be assessed by the HelpDesk by clicking on the Information Technology Helpdesk link.
- For Web Services (Including Add/Dropping Courses and Schedules), click on the Icon for Student/Faculty Web Self Services.
- Webcampus/eLearn is where online courses and online portions of courses can be found. Click the eLearn Link.
- Some courses offer online lectures for download, the iTunes U link is where they can be found.
- Campus Alerting allows a user to set up if they want text alerts, email alerts to other accounts, and the sort for when alerts need to be forwarded to the campus.
- Physical Plant Workorder allowsd users to queue a job to be looked at by physical plant. This link will only appear when connected to the campus network.
File storage and web space
- All faculty, staff, and undergraduate students have Windows Campus Domain accounts for access to storage space on the server called storage01. Graduate students may request a Windows domain account and space on storage01 by logging into Web for Students and clicking on Graduate Student Network Disk Storage Request. You should have your account and space the next day. If for some reason your account request does not go through by the next day, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Instructions on using your Windows Campus Domain account to access Stevens file service are here: Mapping A Network Drive
Searching for People and E-mail Addresses
If you are not sure of someone's e-mail address, you can search for it inside the People-Finder tool.
- Found under Campus Quick Links, you can find the People Finder.
- By typing their name into People Finder, you can find out their E-mail address, role and other various information.
Personal Address Book can be found under WebMail by clicking on the Addresses tab. Transferring Pipeline Contacts list to Webmail can be found here
- Enter the person's first name and/or last name.
- You can also search by e-mail address. You might want to search by the e-mail address to make sure you are spelling the person's first name correctly, or to be sure you are sending the message to the correct person if he or she has a common last name. You may use "*" as a wildcard in the e-mail address. (E.g., d*evan*)
- Select the correct person from the search results by clicking in the to, cc, or bcc checkbox. Then click the Address button.
- Click OK on the next screen to continue composing the message to the addressee you selected.
"Logout" and Password Tips
- Please protect your myStevens account. Fully exit your browser in order to log out of myStevens. There is no log out button.
- To change your MyStevens password, under My Info and click Password Service. If you are unable to get into myStevens, direct your browser to www.stevens.edu/password or contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 201 216-5500.