Microsoft Outlook 2010 IMAP
Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013 is a part of Microsoft Office 2010/2013. By default, it is part of the Microsoft Office package and is installed alongside the other Microsoft Office 2010/2013 applications.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013 and press File in the upper left. Then, click the Add Account button.
2. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and press Next.
3. Ensure that Internet E-Mail is selected, then press Next.
4. Fill out the information requested, then press More Settings.
- Enter your name and e-mail address in the User Information field.
- Choose IMAP for Account Type.
- Enter nexus.stevens.edu for both Incoming mail server and Outgoing mail server (SMTP).
- Enter your Stevens username (without @stevens.edu) in the User Name field along with your Stevens password in the Password field.
- Be sure to check Remember Password if you do not wish to be prompted for your password every time you check your email.
5. Select the Outgoing Server tab, then check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box.
- The outgoing server should use the same settings as the incoming server
6. Select the Advanced tab, and change the Outgoing Server (SMTP) field to 587. Then press OK.
7. Once back at the Add new account screen, press Next.
8. Outlook will attempt to test the connection to the mail server. Once it's complete, press Close.
9. Press Finish. Your account is now added.