Microsoft Outlook 2007 Alternate Address Configuration
1. Launch Outlook.
2. Do one of the following:
- If you have Outlook 2007, click Tools > Account Settings...
- If you have Outlook 2010, click File > Account Settings > Account Settings...
3. Click New...
4. Do one of the following:
- If you have Outlook 2007, select POP3 or IMAP and click Next.
- If you have Outlook 2010, select E-mail Account and click Next.
5. Select Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
6. Select Internet E-mail and click Next.
7. Complete the Internet E-mail Settings page as follows:
- Your Name: Type a name for the email alias. This name will appear when you send email using the alias.
- E-mail Address: Type the email address for the email alias.
- Account Type: IMAP.
- Incoming mail server: nexus.stevens.edu
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): nexus.stevens.edu
- User Name: Type the first part of the alias address before the @ symbol.
- Password: Leave this box blank, and remove the check mark next to Remember password.
8. Click Finish.
9. Outlook will immediately ask you for the password for the new account. Click Cancel when you are asked to enter a password.
10. Do one of the following:
- Within Outlook 2007, click Tools > Options... Then click the Mail Setup tab. Then click Send/Receive...
- Within Outlook 2010, click File > Options.
Click Advanced on the left-side of the Outlook Options window. Then click Send/Receive....
11. Select the group named All Accounts and click Edit...
12. Select the new email alias account from the list on the left. Then remove the check mark from the box labeled, Include the selected account in this group. Click OK.
13. Then click Close.
14. Then click OK.