Microsoft Outlook 2003 POP3
Revision as of 16:23, 12 July 2012 by Plupinsk
Step 1 - Open Outlook 2003
Open Microsoft Outlook 2003 and select Tools >> Email Accounts... from the file menu at the top.
Step 2 - Email Accounts
Select Add a new email account then click Next.
Step 3 - Server Type
Select POP3 then click Next.
Step 4 - Internet Email Settings (IMAP)
- Enter your Full Name in the Your Name field.
- Enter your entire Stevens email address in the Email Address field.
- Enter your Stevens username in the User Name field.
- If you would like your password saved, enter your Password in the Password field and select Remember password.
- Enter nexus.stevens.edu in both the Incoming mail server (POP3) and Outgoing mail server (SMTP) fields.
Step 5 - Authenticated SMTP
In order to send email from off-campus, authenticated SMTP must be used.
- Click the More Settings... and select the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Select the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button.
- Now change to the Advanced Settings tab.
- Verify that the outgoing port is set 587.
- Select OK.