Matlab 2009a on Mac OS X
If you are experiencing issues related to software/resources mentioned on this page please search for a more current article.
Acquiring Matlab 2009a
The media required to install Matlab 2009a can be found on storage01. Please download the required files to a local computer by mapping a network drive before starting installation.
Step 1- Open MatLab Folder on Storage01
- Connect to Storage01 by opening a finder window, then clicking on "Go" on the top menu and clicking on "Connect to Server" (or alternatively by clicking on the finder dock icon and pressing Apple + k). In the box that pops up, enter smb://storage01.stevens.edu
- Browse to the Matlab 2009A folder, located in public/Matlab2009a
Step 2- Open the MatLab installer
- Open the OSXLinux folder
- Double click on the InstallForMacOSX icon
- Select "Install Automatically using the Internet (recommended)"
Step 3- Accept the MathWorks Software License Agreement
- Select "Yes" and click continue.
Step 4- Choose Install Location
- The default install location is the /Applications folder, the default directory for installed applications. If you want to change the install location, you may.
Step 5- Create a MathWorks Account
- To create a MathWorks account:
- Enter in your Stevens email address and your name.
- Enter the Activation key. The key is located in the text file "matlab txt.txt" in the MatLab directory (Public/ftp/pub/Matlab2009a)
Step 6- Select Products to be Installed
- Select the products you would like to install
Step 7- Install
- MatLab should begin to install. After installation, follow the prompts to activate MatLab.
For 64 Bit OSX:
In order to activate Matlab on an intel core (64-bit mac) mac, you need to set the Java settings to 32-bit just for the activation portion of the installation.
Please follow these instructions:
- Open Finder
- Navigate to /Applications/Utilities/Java Preferences
- Open Java Preferences
- On the "Java Applications" list (this should be the bottom list) drag the 32-bit version above the 64-bit version
- Save/Close Java Preferences
- Restart the matlab software