Mathematica 8 Windows
Acquiring Mathematica 8
The media required to install Mathematica 8 can be found on storage01. Please download the required files to a local computer by mapping a network drive before starting installation.
- Before installing, we recommend that a wired connection be used.
- We also recommend to copy the entire Mathematica\Mathematica 8\Windows folder to your local hard drive.
1. Enter the \Mathematica 8\Windows folder, then double-click setup.exe to begin the installation process.
2. Press Next.
3. Select an installation directory (the default is recommended), then press Next.
4. Select the desired components (the default are recommended), then press Next.
5. Specify the desired start menu folder (the default is recommended), then press Next.
5a. If you have an outdated version of the software, we recommend you check the box that will ask the installer to uninstall all past versions.
6. Press Install.
7. Uncheck Try out the new Mathematica Browser Plugin then press Finish to finish the installation.
1. The first time you launch the program, you will be prompted for the activation information. Enter the requested information into the form, then press OK.
- This information can be found in \\storage01\ms\Mathematica\Mathematica8\password.txt
2. Check I accept the terms of this agreement, then click OK.