Labview License Server
These are the steps necessary to set up LabView to communicate with the license server.
This software license server is for use only by undergraduate students and faculty teaching the undergraduate courses who require LabView for their course work.
How to Update the LabView License Server
Step 1- Opening NI License Manager
- On your Computer, hit the Start button or Windows icon in the bottom left.
- Select All Programs and click on National Instruments.
- Select NI License Manager.
- NOTE: The screen shot on the top refers to Windows 7/Vista. The screen shot on the bottom refers to Windows XP.
Step 2- NI License Manager Preferences
- In the NI License Manager window select the Options tab in the top left and then select Preferences.
Step 3- Adding the Server
- A Preferences window should have appeared.
- Check off the box next to Use Network License Servers.
- In the blank text box enter the following lm1server.
- Select OK.
Using the Program from Off Campus
VPN Tunnel All Traffic Connection
- In order to access the program from off campus you will need to establish a VPN connection and connect to it before running the program.
Configure your computer to Tunnel All Traffic
In order to connect to the Stevens VPN, please follow the directions for your operating system below.