Google at Stevens on Outlook 2010 for Windows
1. Open Outlook 2010, click on File, and Add Account as pictured.
2. When the Add New Account screen appears, click on the radial button named “Manually configure server settings or additional server types,” and click Next.
3. Select the radial button named “Internet E-mail” and click Next.
4a. In the Internet E-mail Settings under User Information enter:
- Your full name
- Your e-mail address in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org.
4b. In the Internet E-mail Settings under Server Information enter:
- The Account Type of IMAP
- The Incoming mail server of imap.gmail.com
- The Outgoing mail server (SMTP) of smtp.gmail.com
4c. In the Internet E-mail Settings under Logon Information enter:
- The User Name in the form of email@example.com
- Your Google Mobile Password.
- After entering all your information please click on More Settings.
5. Select the tab labeled Outgoing Server and select “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.”
6. Then select the tab labeled Advanced, and under the Server Port Numbers:
- Change the Incoming Server (IMAP) port to 993 using SSL encrypted connection.
- Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port to 587 using TLS encrypted connection.
- After the following is selected click OK.
7. Click Next at the Add New Account Window and your account will be tested both sending an test e-mail message and receiving a message.
8. After the test is completed successful, click Close to continue.
9. Click Finish to complete the set-up and view your Stevens G-Mail through Outlook.