Entourage for Office 2008
These are the steps necessary to set up Microsoft Entourage for Mac 2008 for use with a Pipeline email account via the IMAP protocol.
Step 1 - Open Microsoft Entourage 2008
Open Microsoft Entourage 2008 and select Account Settings... from the Entourage menu.
Step 2 - Account Settings
Click the New button, then select Mail....
Step 3 - Account Setup Assistant
Type your Stevens E-mail address in the E-mail Addres field. Click the Configure Account Manually button at the bottom left hand corner of this window.
Step 4 - Choose Email Service
Select POP or IMAP and then click OK.
Step 5 - Internet E-mail Settings
- Choose an Account Name (this is for your own reference and can be set to whatever you'd like)
- Type in your Name and Stevens Email again in the Personal Information section.
- Enter nexus.stevens.edu for both IMAP Server in Receiving Mail and SMTP server below in the Sending Mail section.
- Enter your Pipeline password in the Password field.
- Check Save password in my Mac OS keychain -- if you do not, you'll need to enter the password each time you reconnect to the mail server.
Step 6 - Advanced Sending Options
In order to send email from off-campus, authenticated SMTP must be used.
- Check the box next to Override default SMTP port' Enter 587 as the port to use
- Check the box next to SMTP server requires authentication.
- Select the Use same settings as receiving mail server radio button
Step 7 - Confirm Settings
- Click outside of the small popup window to return to the Edit Account window.
- Click OK
- Close the Accounts Window
Your mail should now be configured!