Changing your password
Revision as of 11:17, 23 May 2012 by Ffilogam
Your Stevens Account and Password
The easiest way to change or reset your password is to use the Stevens Password Service
Your Stevens password can also be changed through myStevens. Once logged in you will see a link to the Password Service under My Info.
A valid password:
- Must be at least 7 characters long.
- Must begin with a letter.
- Cannot contain any elements of your name or username.
- Cannot be any of your previous 10 passwords.
In addition, 2 of the 3 following rules must be met :
- Must contain alpha and numeric characters (letters and numbers).
- Must contain mixed case characters (upper and lower case).
- Must contain special characters.
- Changing this password affects logging into MyStevens,checking mail through 3rd party mail clients ( Outlook, Thunderbird, ect.),and logging into VPN, Mapping A Network Drive, and Wireless devices.
- If you mistyped it enough times to lock yourself out, please contact the Helpdesk at x5500.