Campus Domain Account
m (→Graduate Student)
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
* The instructions are on that page, but all that must be done is change the drop down box from "'''No Disk Space Required'''" to "'''
* The instructions are on that page, but all that must be done is change the drop down box from "'''No Disk Space Required'''" to "'''Requested'''" and click '''Submit'''.
Revision as of 11:37, 20 October 2012
The Stevens Campus Domain Account is how the Information Technology department at Stevens refers to an individual's account in the Windows Domain at Stevens, called Campus. This Campus Domain is used by all of the academic users on campus.
- Accessing Storage01
- Authenticating on a Stevens Wireless Network with 802.1x
- Logging onto Domain Machines which are joined to the Campus Domain and generally locked down
- Connecting to the Stevens VPN
- Accessing Department Drives for faculty
What using this account means
When you log onto the Campus Domain, it means a number of things. Foremost, it means that you have submitted your credentials (Campus Domain Username and password) to be verified by the Active Directory server at Stevens. If the credentials match what is record in the AD server, you are considered authenticated versus the Campus Domain.
If you submitted your credentials to log in to a Domain Machine, you now proceed with login. Note: If you have logged onto a certain Domain Machine in the past, your credentials with be cached. If the machine is not able to contact the AD server, it will check its cache and let you log in if you were previously successful
Who can have a Campus Domain account
Those who are given Domain Accounts automatically
The following groups of people are automatically granted a Domain Account because of their status. They have no need to apply (except certain employees) or ask for an account.
- Undergraduate Students
Those who can also have an account
- Full time employees
- Graduate Students that are enrolled in the CURRENT term.
How to get a Campus Domain Account
- Log into myStevens at (http://www.stevens.edu/ms), Click “Student / Faculty Web Self Services” and then click “Student & Financial Aid” Click on the drop down menu Student Records and click the menu item labeled Graduate Student Campus Domain Account Request.
- The instructions are on that page, but all that must be done is change the drop down box from "No Disk Space Required" to "Domain Account Requested" and click Submit.
- The accounts are generated automatically every 15 minutes except between the hours of 5AM and 7AM. You will receive an email to your Stevens e-mail address confirming this, but you can also check Web For Students to see if the drop down box has changed to Completed. When you receive your confirmation email you will need to set your password at http://www.stevens.edu/password.
Try accessing this account or contact the Stevens Helpdesk to verify.
Faculty, Staff and Temporary Employees
Your Campus Domain Account will not be useable until you reset your MyStevens Password.
Formatting Your Password
- NOTICE: All student domain accounts created after 5 pm on February 17th 2009 will have a default password of StevensXXXXXX, where XXXXXX is the last 6 digits of your Campus Wide ID Number. If you do not know your CWID you can find it by logging in to myStevens, then clicking on Show my CWID.
- If you are a student, and your account was created prior to February 17th 2009, your password is the following: StevensYYMMDD where YYMMDD is your birth date in the format: last two digits for the year, two digits for the month, two digits for the day (with leading zeros if it is a single digit month/day).
- If you are part of the Stevens Faculty then your password is Stevens###### where ###### are 6 randomly generated numbers. Upon the creation of your Campus Domain Account you will receive a letter with your password information included.
- All Campus Domain accounts created after 11 am on May 23rd 2012 will require you to change your MyStevens Password. Once changed, both accounts will have the same password.
Changing your Password
- The easiest way to change or reset your password is to use the Stevens Password Service
- Your campus domain password can also be changed through myStevens. Once logged in you will see a link to the Password Service under My Info.
- If you forgot your password, or mistyped it in enough times to lock yourself out, please contact the Helpdesk at x5500. Please read the following information about Campus domain password requirements.
- Changing this password affects VPN, Mapping A Network Drive, and Wireless devices. You will need to update saved information and profiles to reflect your new password.
Campus Domain Password Requirements
- 10 passwords are retained in the history and cannot be reused when creating new passwords.
- The minimum password age is 1 day (i.e. you can't change passwords more than once a day).
- Password complexity is enforced by the following rules:
- Must be at least 8 characters long.
- Must begin with a letter.
- Cannot contain any elements of your name or username.
- And any two of the following three:
- Must contain alpha and numeric characters (letters and numbers).
- Must contain mixed case characters (upper and lower case).
- Must contain special characters.
- If your new password is rejected, please reread the requirements and try again. If you are not able to change your password after several different combinations, please contact the Help Desk.
- Account lockout occurs after several invalid attempts.
- Account lockout duration is 15 minutes.
- Account lockout counter is reset after 15 minutes.