Backing-Up using Outlook Express 6.0
It is very important to keep a backup of all your email (especially if you use the POP3 protocol) in case your computer fails and you lose all of that information.
Step 1: IMAP Verification
First, you will need to download all messages for IMAP. If you are using POP3 skip to step 5.
Step 2: Make files available offline
- To download all of the items in a folder in Outlook Express 6, from the Folder List, click the folder that contains the items you want to download.
- Next, from the Tools menu, select Mark for Offline, and click the Download all messages later.
- After the next time you click the Send/Receive button, all messages marked for download will be downloaded and available off line.
Step 3: Select folder to store the backup
1. To Backup click Options under the Tools menu.
2. On the Maintenance tab, click Store Folder.
3. Select the folder location, and then press CTRL+C to copy the location.
4. Click Cancel, and then click Cancel again to close the dialog box.
Step 4: Locate the backup
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, press CTRL+V, and then click OK.
Step 5: Select the files backed up on the disk
1. On the Edit menu, click Select All.
2. On the Edit menu, click Copy, and then close the window.
Step 6: Make a storage folder on your desktop
1. Right-click any empty space on your desktop, click New, and then click Folder.
2. Type Mail Backup for the folder name, and then press ENTER.
Step 7: Paste the backup into the storage folder
1. Double-click the Mail Backup folder to open it.
2. On the Edit menu, click Paste.
3. Close the Mail Backup folder window.
Step 8: Burn the Files
- Burn the files onto a CD folder.